Model Cars Magazine Forum

airoso bros 41 willys

Smart-Resins

• 1 month later...
alright, this is a commisioned build. It is a 1941 Stone Woods and Cook kit. We will painting it a nice blue pearl. It will hopefully don Whoopiekat Airoso Bros decals. Here is the inspirational photo and some quick work done to the body. Thanks. Jody

LgAiroso2.jpg

1801733884_71eab48e37.jpg

HPIM2819.jpg

HPIM2820.jpg

HPIM2821.jpg

HPIM2823.jpg

am a big willys fan did you use the new revell kit ? can you explain what you have do so far looks good

alright, this is a commisioned build. It is a 1941 Stone Woods and Cook kit. We will painting it a nice blue pearl. It will hopefully don Whoopiekat Airoso Bros decals. Here is the inspirational photo and some quick work done to the body. Thanks. Jody

LgAiroso2.jpg

1801733884_71eab48e37.jpg

Just a little fyi, i dont know if you nocticed it or not, but in the reference photos those are two different cars.

They are close, but have subtle differences.

This is gonna be a cool build though, i love gassers. :lol:

Just a little fyi, i dont know if you nocticed it or not, but in the reference photos those are two different cars.

They are close, but have subtle differences.

This is gonna be a cool build though, i love gassers. :rolleyes:

I noticed the engine setback differences and lack of wheelie bars in the action shot. Cars can be painted and altered, however.

Now it is Smart Resin's decision to replicate one or the other or a mix of both. ;)

Edited by seeker589

• 1 month later...

Body is sealed. will get the silver coat today!! The frame is finially done to liking. Now to build the suspension on it! In the pics, you can see the trouble areas that the liquid glue pulled up. Sure glad I cought these now! I certainly do believe in this method now! Thanks. Jody

HPIM3018.jpg

HPIM3019.jpg

Alright. Finally repainted and decal-ed. Not perfect, but not bad. I am tired of trying to redo it after three times and realize I will not get perfect with this one. So is time to get it finished and move on. LOL. By the way, the decals are from Whoopie Kat. Not sure If Ill get any more from them in the future or not? Had to soak them for over 2 minutes, then even longer on a paper towel before I could pursued them to come off of the paper. Then they were very flimsy and was easy to wrinkle, fold and tear. After a month and a half waiting for them, I wondered why I got two sets. Now I know why, I needed them! Also, if wanting to build the newer version, the 264 would need to get removed, and the CA under Tulare is missing. If wanting to do the older version(second) some of the sponsors for the rear quarter panel are missing. IN either case, the B/Gs and the bottom rear quarter panel sponsors are over sized!!Thanks. Jody

HPIM3279.jpg

Well, buckled down today after trying a new church and finished off the interior to the Airoso Bros Willy's I have been wanting to play with BMF for a while. Still dont have any yet, but soon. Anyways sitting here, thought I would play with some aluminum tape for this. Not the greatest job, but I am satisfied. It looks good I think! Makes the interior pop. Again do not know if this is correct for the car as I could not find any interior shots. So I am winging it and making it look good and how I might have it? Hope you enjoy. Jody

HPIM3287.jpg

HPIM3288.jpg

HPIM3286.jpg