Model Cars Magazine Forum

Seattle Fire Dept 1971 Kenworth pumper

This is my latest emergency vehicle, It's one of two 1971 Kenworth pumpers Seattle had in their department. I used the old AMT Movin' on truck and shortened the frame, and added a single rear end from a Ford snow plow. I modified the hood for a setback axle and scratch built a new bumper. Everything past the cab, and under it is made from diamond plate sheet and plastic sheet. The various outlet/inlet valves are from an old AMT tanker. The hose, and Y gate on the rear step are from a RG Peterbilt fire truck. The wheels are cast by me. I also made the decals for it. Its a nice compliment to my scratch built Seattle Kenworth hook and ladder.

P1010204.JPG

P1010203.JPG

P1010201.JPG

P1010199.JPG

P1010203.JPG

I see some fire equipment being transported up from Florida every so often on I - 95 . Your 'es looks OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont see the Kenworth trucks very often as most around here are the Sea Graves and Americian La France . I like it , fine job ! Ed Shaver B)

Edited by Eshaver