Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

DRAG IMPORTS BUILD OFF

20PSI

I EXTENDED THE DATE: SEPTEMBER 31 2010

YOU HAVE ALL SUMMER.

PLEASE, PARTICIPATE!

Well in that case, I'd like to jump in on this one.

I got this off of ebay a while ago for the scooter. Won it for real cheap. :rolleyes:

toyota.jpg

I think it would look kinda cool if done the right way.

toyota2.jpg

toyota3.jpg

Does the car have to have an import engine to qualify for the build?

If so, does anyone know of any toyota supra or soarer kits with nicely detailed 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE engines?

hello again everyone! i finally got to work on the rsx a little today, which is hard to do with a 3 month old to look after. anyways its coming slowly but surely. i got most the hard stuff done, just got to make a fire wall and a floor pan and it will be on the paint and assembly. heres a few pics of the progress. thanks! jeff

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Hello all! this is an awesome thread fella! These projects looks great and you all our kickin it in gear!! Lovin the WIP posts too!! Keep on wit the keepin on!!! Ive been trying to locate a 82 corolla like the las one posted from 3men thats my motivation for my 1:1!! I hope one day

paz

Tito

That drag RSX looks the business! Very cool idea and nice chassis work. Keep up the good work. I should have mock up pics of my entry in a few days. Going with a Tamiya GTR (R35). It will remain 4 wheel drive and have two of the biggest turbo's I have ever built pokin' through the hood! (At least thats the plan lol...)

Hey guys do you think that the 55 chevy pro sportsman slicks and chassis could fit and look good on my eclipse? Do you think that the slicks can be too big for such a small car?

if they look too ridiculously big for my mazda, then they'll be too big for the eclipse.

also the oldsmobile pro stock tires are too small. i'll see if i can find out which kit i got my slicks out of..

if they look too ridiculously big for my mazda, then they'll be too big for the eclipse.

also the oldsmobile pro stock tires are too small. i'll see if i can find out which kit i got my slicks out of..

Guys, compresins has some really nice slicks. Not too long ago they released I believe 3 addt'l sizes one of which is fairly short which should work out for smaller bodied cars. I have all of them at home and can check which is the shortest later and post size/pic comparison if you'd like.

Edited by shucky

Guys, compresins has some really nice slicks. Not too long ago they released I believe 3 addt'l sizes one of which is fairly short which should work out for smaller bodied cars. I have all of them at home and can check which is the shortest later and post size/pic comparison if you'd like.

That should be cool! Thanks

Hey guys, here are the pics. From left to right (CRT-501 Current F/C or T/F Drag slicks, CRT-510 Late 60's Goodyear Dragster slicks, CRT-511 Pro Stock Super Stock Drag slicks). IMO the tires I think would fit perfectly under small bodied cars would be the very last on the right (CRT-511). They seem to be just perfect for what you guys are looking for. Hope these help! If anyone needs any other views let me know. FYI .. the CRT-501 (on far left) are the size of the Monogram 2 piece big drag slicks, size goes down from there.

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

Edited by shucky

Hey Shucky thanks for posting this, if you could do me one favor, could you post the height, width and the diameter of the opening for the rim on that pro stock tire...it would be greatly appreciated. And are these resin tires?

Thanks Bro

Edited by BKIN10SECS

Hey Shucky thanks for posting this, if you could do me one favor, could you post the height, width and the diameter of the opening for the rim on that pro stock tire...it would be greatly appreciated. And are these resin tires?

Thanks Bro

I measured with the digital caliper - side wall to side wall width (20.00mm / .78in), tread width (15.30mm / .60in), height (33.80mm / 1.33in),

rim opening (17.80mm / .70in). Like most tires there is an inside lip, that the rim would have to slip through, this measurement is 16.6mm / .65in).

This could be shaved down using a dremel to achieve the same dim. as the rim opening measurement (if necessary). The tires are all a semi soft rubber,

not hard resin. Hope this helps. If you need anything else let me know. Good luck!

i've been a little quiet lately in this build, but i have definitely been working on it.

here's some progress:

stance:

DSC02228.jpg

engine bay:

DSC02229.jpg

rear suspension:

DSC02231.jpg

chassis overview:

DSC02232.jpg

there's a lot of stuff i need to touch up still, but it will be getting more attention as time progresses, you can count on that.