Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 chevy Mild Kustom

Zed

Great work!!! The step-by-step pictures are very helpful. When lay down the small width tape, how do you avoid getting oil from your fingers on the finish? Thanks for sharing your technique with us.

i was afraid about all the finger print on the body before the paint, but there was no problem ... B) i didn't wash it before ...

Edited by Zed

Guest snapper

That's really impressive. Thanks for sharing your technique too. I don't know if I could ever do something like that, but maybe I can give it a shot one day. Your design is simple and works well with the contours of the model.

Edited by snapper

Wow Zed, it looks great, with clear and the chrome tape! The perfect touch! What kind of wheels do you have planned for it, or Gloria?

All the mock up are done with the final wheels and hubcaps : wide white walls and lancers :D

THIS IS AWESOME!! You have inspired my next project. Can you tell me the specifics on the wheels and tires? The WWW's are perfect!

Both came from Modelhaus :D the tires are t-270, and the hubcaps are labelled " lancers 4 bars ", i think they're supposed to be 56 or 57 lancers :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Acres does some nice work. Nice babe too! Zed's work is fantastic. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how the masking is done and how those fine lines are created. I've tried Line-O-Tape, slitting tamiya masking tape and still can't get the lines these guys do. Is there a secret someone would like to share? Please.