Model Cars Magazine Forum

dodge monaco build questons

hey yall i need some build ideas for the dukes sheriff patrolle car

most build the kit as a police car or taxi i had a idea of building it as a protouring any ideas on what to use for a motor? or brakes and rims?

one idea i had was to use the crome centerlines from the revell 70 chevell

I was tinkering with a couple, one had the twin cam Hemi/4 speed (as well as the chassis) from the '70 Cornet kit and rolling stock from the AMT Viper GTS, the other was the same basic set up but used the 6 speed from the Viper and modified the cop car rims to fit the Viper tires.

Years ago one of the car mags built a former Dodge police car for a Cannonball type race.

They painted it midnight blue and put some killer lights on the front.

The idea was it looked like an unmarked cruiser.

You could build a low profile supercharged 440 and put some stealth ground effects under it.

they say it cant be done u cant take a two ton monaco and stuff a elphant motor in the belly i say just cus it aint been done DONT MEAN IT CANT i am crazy anuff to do it :lol: some say u cant stuff a viper motor in the belly of a 69 dodge charger once more just cus it aint been done dont mean it cant i am crazy anuff to try

Years ago one of the car mags built a former Dodge police car for a Cannonball type race.

They painted it midnight blue and put some killer lights on the front.

The idea was it looked like an unmarked cruiser.

You could build a low profile supercharged 440 and put some stealth ground effects under it.

I remember that article, IIRC it was a St. Regis powered by a built 360, I just can't rmember if it was Popular Hot Rodding or Car Craft (I'm thinking Pop Rod.)