Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford Mustang Grande (Revell 1969)

Mj-Styro

Its Mj Finished for now.............needs a battery, and upper rad/hose............

Its not 100% perfect, and being done back in the early 70s! i am glad i was able to to do what i could with it.........

Not a show contender but its perfect for the display case.......

found out the the body was tweaked a tad and wouldnt sit sqaure on the chassis, so i drilled out the rad support and inside the bucket pocket, and inserted straight pins that i cut off flush. (which wont be seen) and that fitxed it for now...............OH and the glass popped lose so thats why it has a cloths pin on it will wait qa day or two before i take it back off......

Completed004copy-vi.jpg

Completed005copy-vi.jpg

Completed008copy-vi.jpg

Completed010copy-vi.jpg

Mike, it's kinda too late now, but it woulda helped if ya'd a filled the gap over the right side front fender cove. that gap is really detracting from the nice finished look. It DID come out GREAT considering what you started with. This was NOT the best kit to start with. It was just a slightly modified issue of the 69 kit,and it showed the sloppy job Revell did on it! I happen to have both kits,a mint 69,and a 70 just about in the same condition as yours. Now that I've seen how nice yours came out,I just might try givin mine a shot! GREAT SAVE!!! :D:lol:;)

Edited by george 53

Mike, it's kinda too late now, but it woulda helped if ya'd a filled the gap over the right side front fender cove. that gap is really detracting from the nice finished look. It DID come out GREAT considering what you started with. This was NOT the best kit to start with. It was just a slightly modified issue of the 69 kit,and it showed the sloppy job Revell did on it! I happen to have both kits,a mint 69,and a 70 just about in the same condition as yours. Now that I've seen how nice yours came out,I just might try givin mine a shot! GREAT SAVE!!! :huh::D:huh:

Hey Thanks George!!

I tweaked and tweaked the outer grill piece, that was the best i could do, BUT i had thought about cuting it apart and getting it to fit that way, but then decided not too..........

wished i could have saved the glass tho!

Also if you build it as a hardtop,your gona need a strip int he back under the back window, looks tacky with out it, that i plan on fixing down the road...........

Nice job on the resto- did you use the Revell '69 Mach 1 or GT500 for parts?

Non of the above Harold,

the engine,side mirriors,hood scoop, steering wheel and shifter, Came from the new tooled 70 mach1

the rear left springs i scratch built out of ever green strip stock........Parts box tires and wheels.......

the front seats altho not correct (but cant be seen either) are out of a 1969 Mercury cougar