Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Camaro Conversion Kit for the AMT 70 Camaro (SHIPPING SPECIAL)

Just out today.

This conversion kit is designed to work with the 70 Camaros in 1/25th from AMT. 70 Baldwin Motion or the Z/28. With the great help from Frank Bennett, I worked on this one for a wile till it was right. You can find it on my site under "Conversion Kits".

Yea, when I took the pic, I forgot the grill. So sorry for the second pic of the grill.

Keep On building those Model Cars,

Matt

Hey Guys

I am doing a FREE SHIPPING for US only orders with a $20.00 or more order. (That is not counting adding the might have been shipping).

Now with the way shipping is this time of year. I cannot promises that you will get your order in time for the 25th of Dec. But I am working on keeping about a 2 to 3 week turnaround time at this time of year. I just do not want anyone wanting something from me for Christmas and they not get it. So I got to tell you guys this. The post office just sucks this time of year. LOL!

Anyways. I am going to have this deal for board members till the first of the year.

Happy Model Car Building

Matt @DSRS

74camaro.jpg

74camaro2.jpg

Edited by dencon

Just so you guy's know this 74 Camaro conversion kit that Dencon came out with is really exellent, alot of work went into this to make it fit right on to the current 1970 1/2 Z28 & Baldwin Motion Camaro's from AMT. The taillight lenses are really nice also, I'm building one of these at the moment using this kit. Also with alittle work to the rear window of your car body, you can turn it into a 75-77 model....Congrates Matt I'm glad you finally got this kit out to the model community................Frank

Edited by Slickpaint

Just so you guy's know this 74 Camaro conversion kit that Dencon came out with is really exellent, alot of work went into this to make it fit right on to the current 1970 1/2 Z28 & Baldwin Motion Camaro's from AMT. The taillight lenses are really nice also, I'm building one of these at the moment using this kit. Also with alittle work to the rear window of your car body, you can turn it into a 75-77 model....Congrates Matt I'm glad you finally got this kit out to the model community................Frank

Thanks Frank. I could not have been able to do it without you. You made that nose fit the newer 70 camaro body like it was done by AMT themselves.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys

I am doing a FREE SHIPPING for US only orders with a $20.00 or more order. (That is not counting adding the might have been shipping).

Now with the way shipping is this time of year. I cannot promises that you will get your order in time for the 25th of Dec. But I am working on keeping about a 2 to 3 week turnaround time at this time of year. I just do not want anyone wanting something from me for Christmas and they not get it. So I got to tell you guys this. The post office just sucks this time of year. LOL!

Anyways. I am going to have this deal for board members till the first of the year.

Happy Model Car Building

Matt @DSRS

• 1 month later...

Matt ,, have you concidered offering a set of hi-back bucket seats for that conversion? Seeing as the '70 kits have the low-back seats [only year they used them in the Camaro] it might be a good item to offer.

Yes I have. I have just about every 2nd gen Camaro kit that was offered. I just have never liked any of the seats that were in those kits. So I had always wanted to see what I could do to make them better and cast them. I just have not had the time lately. I have quite a few items in development right now. But I will get to those seats. I don't know. Maybe I should just knock out a set of those seats out of one of those old Camaro kits of mine. Also been looking into making the 74 interior door panels to replace the 70's.

Matt

Well Steve

Your little suggestion,here, got me a thinkin'. SO I started working on a set of 74 seats. and I went farther. So what I got going and it is looking very good. Not only will I now be coming out with the front seats. but the rear, door panels & center counsol. All going to work with the latest AMT 70 Camaro kit the 74 conversion kit was made for. Also got the 74-81 D-80 tall spoiler in the works, too.

Thanks for the suggestion Steve.

Matt

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...