Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blue Max F/C

Pro Tech

This is a Polar Lights Mustang funny car kit that I hope to make into the Blue Max car (as long as the decals lay down over that front hood bulge? If anyone has built this with the white decal stripe for the hood I would love to hear how it went, please respond) I have this in the white glue/mock-up stage now after working out thing like wheelbase adjustment for the Mustang body to get the front wheels somewhat centered in the wheel wells, added sheet plastic to the tin work above the injector hat so it will mate up to back of windshield. etc. etc. Now it’s time to soak this in the warm bucket of water to break it all down and start building the real thing. Thanks for looking!

Charlie

Pro Tech

DSCN2027.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

Thanks guys!

Len, great looking build. I might have to go with paint like you and Jeff advised.

jasoncamaro, Len's right but I think I will leave it to mocking up models :lol:

Charlie

Pro Tech

so its basicly pva glue? i wouldnt have a clue where to buy elmers from here in New Zealand

so if its pva glue then i know i can get that.

Charlie i use your braided line products they are great i usally get them though model express

so its basicly pva glue? i wouldnt have a clue where to buy elmers from here in New Zealand

so if its pva glue then i know i can get that.

Charlie i use your braided line products they are great i usally get them though model express

Jason, glad your like our products and thank you for your support! I don't know what pva glue is but if Elmer's glue brand is not available in your country you might be able to find the same type of glue in the school supply section of your local store. The glue looks like milk but has a thickness of pancake syrup and it is water based. I mock-up all my builds with it to find all the fit etc. problems so you don't have to deal with them after you have paint on it. Hope this helps you.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Jason, glad your like our products and thank you for your support! I don't know what pva glue is but if Elmer's glue brand is not available in your country you might be able to find the same type of glue in the school supply section of your local store. The glue looks like milk but has a thickness of pancake syrup and it is water based. I mock-up all my builds with it to find all the fit etc. problems so you don't have to deal with them after you have paint on it. Hope this helps you.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Cool Thanks for that Charlie it is pva glue

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Charlie.... this is looking very nice. Love how clean the engine looks with all of the detail. what did you use for the Belt material for the pulley's?

Thanks guys,

Mooneyzs, for belt material I use craft paper, works great for seat belt material also.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Charlie.... That looks Fantastic. I love the color and it looks like it laid down really nice. She is beautiful.

also wanted to let you know that I will be sending that order out to you tomorrow (3/12/2010) that I talked to you on the phone about the other day, It was also nice to chat with you for a little bit as well. Thanks for all of your help