Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Clean ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tans am erik, ive used super clean degreaser for years, i have a nice tupperware tub with lid i dip the models into to soak. i use disposable latex rubber gloves to protect my hands. i dont dilute the cleaner at all,after cleaning you may want to wash with some soap.....just be sure it dosent have any hand protectant in the soap....it could cause oil type paint problems. the gloves i use are the same ones the doctors use and can be purchased almost anywhere.....medical supply company, home depot, walmart, ect. ..........mark

Hi trans am, I use warm water to wash them off after they soak in super clean. Warm water helps get the paint off better then cold water.

Having the solvent itself warm helps as well. I had some in the garage and set a few bodies in it to soak, and the cold Super Clean takes FOREVER to work it's magic. Back at room temp- no problem!

• 1 year later...

i've had a car soakn for 2 days now,still blue,hasen't stripd the paint off yet,it is super clean,and in a warm place,any ideas?

What kind of paint is it? The lye based cleaners (Superclean, Purple Power) work best on enamels, but if it's a laquer, they won't budge them at all. You might try 91% rubbing alcohol if it's a laquer, that will take it right off.

A little tip on the side, after soaking in Superclean and rinsing, I soak my parts in alcohol before I prime and paint. I find it takes any residue from the Superclean off, helping the primer to adhere better.