Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volvo VN 670 with Flatbed B-Train

Hi there,

while I´m waiting for some parts for my Pete 357 I´ve just started a new long planned project.It´s an Flatbed B-train based on a drawing from a Lode King brochure I found on their site.Lead trailer will be 28ft and the pull trailer 32ft.I converted the blueprint into 1:24 scale and made new ones on my PC and millde the parts out on my machine.The tires are from Italerie,I´ll be using other rims on it.Have to make the landing gear and some other small parts but it is going very fast on that build.Started two weeks ago with the drawings and that´s how it´s looking today.

superB002-vi.jpg

superB001-vi.jpg

superB003-vi.jpg

superB004-vi.jpg

superB009-vi.jpg

superB007-vi.jpg

superB010-vi.jpg

superB012-vi.jpg

superB015-vi.jpg

Maybe the trailers will get some toolboxes...

The Volvo will get some rework with steerable frontaxle,engine and opening hood and some brake and fuel lines on the chassis....

I was inspired by the Ice Road Truckers first season I watched on TV....More will follow,soon.

Regards,Chris

Edited by Twist67

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I made some progress on the trailers.I made a complete new set of them because the frame rails are to thin in my opinion.So I edited my drawings and milled out the new parts.I also changed the suspension parts as they seemed to thin,too.The were made from 2mm sheet at the start and now made from 4mm and also two pieces of 3mm sheet.It´s now looking better for me.Also added the fender parts for the lead trailerand the landing gears...but as always I have to change the landing gear,too.But here are the first pictures of the new lead trailer and also the suspension on the rear trailer.

superB016-vi.jpg

superB017-vi.jpg

superB018-vi.jpg

superB019-vi.jpg

superB020-vi.jpg

superB021-vi.jpg

And here are the suspension parts.In front is the reworked wider suspension in the back is the old small one...The new will look much better for me.

superB022-vi.jpg

superB023-vi.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

thanks a lot.I´ll do my best with updates....

Made some little progress.First new suspension is finished 80%.

It´s based on the Hendrickson HT 230.I have to make the parts for the shocks and some other small parts.I think it´s near to the original,not perfect but looks okay.Have to do some cleaning on it.

RIMG0010-vi.jpg

RIMG0009-vi.jpg

RIMG0012-vi.jpg

RIMG0011-vi.jpg

I have to make a new airbag and cast it...maybe tomorrow.Now I have some dimensions for it....

Here is a link to the Hendrickson site

http://www.hendrickson-intl.com/products/p...l/ht_series.asp

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

thanks Pete1980.

Just started with the master for the Airbag for my suspension.

Made a small drawing on my pc and milled out some round pieces of 4mm sheet material.I don´t have any tubing which is wide enough for the airbags.

RIMG0013-vi.jpg

Glued the pieces together and after some sanding it is looking like the thing I wanted.

RIMG0014-vi.jpg

RIMG0015-vi.jpg

RIMG0016-vi.jpg

Now I´ll make a mold for the two pieces so I could use it in different positions.I also made a smaller airbag with only two rings for later use and will make a mold of it,too.

And here is it how it looks on the suspension

RIMG0017-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

I finally finished the casting and here it is with the final bag.

RIMG0018-vi.jpg

RIMG0019-vi.jpg

I think it´s okay,what do you mean? Any thing that I have to change on the suspension before I´ll build the other four?

Made a mockup with the trailer attached to the Volvo...

RIMG0021-vi.jpg

RIMG0022-vi.jpg

RIMG0024-vi.jpg

Any comments are welcom.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks for the compliments.........

so here are some small updatepictures of the Holland MarkV style landing gear.

Have to clean it up a little bit more...sometimes you could see it only on the pictures,lol.....

RIMG0027-vi.jpg

RIMG0028-vi.jpg

RIMG0029-vi.jpg

More will follow,soon.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

thanks for the compliments....I also started to fabricate some rims.Started with some two holes.It´s a point to start from,have to make some small changes but I think it´s on the right way.I also do the inner rims and a brakedrum with hub....All parts except the simulated nuts are milled out...the hub is an older resinhub and it will be replaced by my own.Any infos,tips etc are very welcome...

RIMG0033-vi.jpg

RIMG0034-vi.jpg

more will follow,soon...

Cheers,Chris