Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

I got the two-tone paint all set, now I need to find some decals. It's red up top with flat black from the shoulder line down. It's a homemade drag racer theme.

Oh, and BTW, the separation is hand-painted, no masking here!

Note the blower hat peeking out...

BarracudaBodyWorkDone1.jpg

BarracudaBodyWorkDone2.jpg

BarracudaBodyWorkDone3.jpg

Oh, and the chrome also needs to be done!

Edited by Cobrawannabe

Nice BMF job! Did I say I really like that color? The paint job looks perfect. Will you put the bumblebee stripe on it?

Bruno, If you go back to page 5 or 6 of this thread you will see that I had the white stripe on it. I deleted it because this kit was from 1984, and the decal was in poor shape.If by chance you have a white bumble stripe, I would love to add it on.:D

I had the model king version of this till I cut it up. Wanting another one now! LOL. Dont know how the AMT compares, but the look you are going for is great! Jody

This is the Round 2 version. It is the same tool I believe as the Model king Camaro.It is molded in orange, It's ok I'll prime and seal it.lol. I am going to paint it in Pactra Daytona Yellow. Edited by Raydee

Bruno, If you go back to page 5 or 6 of this thread you will see that I had the white stripe on it. I deleted it because this kit was from 1984, and the decal was in poor shape.If by chance you have a white bumble stripe, I would love to add it on.:D

It looks so good with the white bumble stripe :o

I do have one, but I have not started the kit yet and I'm not sure of the colors I will use on this one yet... so I'd rather keep it for now, sorry. But I would post in the "wanted" section, I'm sure someone here has one.

Or Keith Marks might have one too. I would send him an email. I have used his decals on a few occasions and I really like them. His e-mail is; mofobow@hotmail.com

No love for the 'Cuda? :D

i didnt reply to it because i didnt want to leave any negative criticism

so dont take this the wrogn but im just not a fan of the paint job

i think (personally) it is too much black

but

i also think its your car and you should build it as you like it

and making two tone paintjobs look good take practice so your on your way ;)

i didnt reply to it because i didnt want to leave any negative criticism

so dont take this the wrogn but im just not a fan of the paint job

i think (personally) it is too much black

but

i also think its your car and you should build it as you like it

and making two tone paintjobs look good take practice so your on your way :)

No worries, man! I was talking more about the sign-up list, but hey, I got somethin' good out of it. I'm not a huge fan of the paint either, as I just kinda did it to see how it looks. It will most likely end up Sassy Grass Green :)

Took a little break from packing; I bought some Micro-Scale Micro Satin and Micro Flat, and treated the interior appropriately. I also had to re-glue the exhaust. I also had to reglue part of the rear suspension as a locater pin broke off. I've never had superglue not hold before. I've been told it looses its oomph with age; I'm hoping that's all it is. I'm also having another strange problem- the paint is rubbing off the chassis?! I've never seen that happen before with Testors paint.

My next big challenge will be the rear shocks. I can't quite figure out where they go or how to mount them without making a terrible mess. Suggestions?

Still trying to figure out the exterior color as well. I still might do a two-tone paint just for something different. Very few GTOs were two-toned from the factory, and as I have a whole bunch of '50s cars waiting, a simple roof-body two-tone would be a good way to get a little practice in.

Charlie Larkin

I got the two-tone paint all set, now I need to find some decals. It's red up top with flat black from the shoulder line down. It's a homemade drag racer theme.

Oh, and BTW, the separation is hand-painted, no masking here!

Note the blower hat peeking out...

BarracudaBodyWorkDone1.jpg

BarracudaBodyWorkDone2.jpg

BarracudaBodyWorkDone3.jpg

Oh, and the chrome also needs to be done!

You have far-better hands than me! How did you keep the separation so even?

Charlie Larkin