Model Cars Magazine Forum

Newbie Here, saying hello

I first of all want to say hello to everyone. My name is Gerrit, and I live near Grand Rapids, MI. I have always had a love for trucks since an early age, and even though unemployed at this time, love to drive them for a living. In the time that I have been laid off, I decided to build a model, and selected the Revell 1/25 scale Peterbilt 359. I recently have acquired the Freuhauf Tanker kit and Flatbed kit, along with AMT/Round's Freightliner "Dual Drive" cabover. I hope to put more detail to the next three kits than I did the 359, which I basically shot with a black semi gloss spray can, and assembled. Here are some pictures of that model here. I know my skills are way way under what anyone else's here are, but I do this for fun, and to keep me out of the girlfriend's hair. Hope to meet some new and like minded people here!

Sincerely, Gerrit

P.S. I apologize for the crappy quality of the pictures. I didn't have a good camera around when I took the pics, so I used my cellphone.

post-5342-1259909704_thumb.jpg

post-5342-1259909713_thumb.jpg

post-5342-1259909720_thumb.jpg

post-5342-1259909727_thumb.jpg

post-5342-1259909735_thumb.jpg

H i Garrit, not a bad job by any means! old pete looks good....welcome! you in a good place here with builders that are very helpful and love to build, im kind-of new too...ive found them all to be a great bunch! be careful...once plastic gets under your skin it always will be.....it is for me. sorry to here that your unemployed at the moment....hang in there good things come to those that wait. i build almost anything with wheels but love trucks as well. good to meet you.........god bless . mark