Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM forum--That's what I'm talking about

Returning to car and truck modeling after a very long absence, I was a little disappointed in the first couple of forums I looked into. One of them, which covers multiple modeling subjects, had a lot of postings under "auto" but there was a lot of viewing and not much responding, and it was as if there were no other scales in the world except 1/24 and 1/25. I asked a question and got like 20 views but no responses. The other model car forum had several topics where the latest postings were dated 3 or 4 years ago and seemed to be mainly a work in progress pic gallery. I like looking at those, but I like them better when they show what's been done since they were taken 5 years ago!

After reading just a few posting here, I knew I had found a source of useful and entertaining information. I also like the fact that everything is not focused on one particular scale. I know I'm going to like it here.

Ron, just start postin stuff! Questions, Answers, pics what have you! You'll find these are a GREAT bunch of guys an they'll help ya in ANY way they can! We got 'em all, from basement modelers like me, to show winners like Treehugger Dave an Lyle Willits, and everyone in between! You've found THE GREATEST model car forum in the UNIVERSE, so just pull up a chair, pop a cool one and just join in/enjoy! :rolleyes:

I also joined recently and there is a great amount of talent here, you will see that help is just around the corner. I am really enjoying a post by Bill Geary on the basics of model building, very helpful and highly recommended. I also like other modelers here who usually post their work in progress with all the details, some of my favorites are Marcos Cruz, Tom Kren, Lyle Willits and several others, these guys really know their stuff. I am sure you will like it here.

The real question is this, what scale & if George built a model of it flooded, what did he use for scale water? :o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lol:

There's a new aftermarket product out called "ScaleWater." It's a powder that you stir into water... there's a chemical reaction that takes place, and the 1:1 water is condensed down to 1/24 its original volume (1/24 scale), which is perfect to use for scale dioramas. Look for "ScaleWater" at your LHS...

There's a new aftermarket product out called "ScaleWater." It's a powder that you stir into water... there's a chemical reaction that takes place, and the 1:1 water is condensed down to 1/24 its original volume (1/24 scale), which is perfect to use for scale dioramas. Look for "ScaleWater" at your LHS...

:lol::D :D

Returning to car and truck modeling after a very long absence, I was a little disappointed in the first couple of forums I looked into. One of them, which covers multiple modeling subjects, had a lot of postings under "auto" but there was a lot of viewing and not much responding, and it was as if there were no other scales in the world except 1/24 and 1/25. I asked a question and got like 20 views but no responses. The other model car forum had several topics where the latest postings were dated 3 or 4 years ago and seemed to be mainly a work in progress pic gallery. I like looking at those, but I like them better when they show what's been done since they were taken 5 years ago!

After reading just a few posting here, I knew I had found a source of useful and entertaining information. I also like the fact that everything is not focused on one particular scale. I know I'm going to like it here.

Im pretty new here myself, and this is a very great site. Youll love it here :lol:

Iv'e seen people build from 1/64 th all the way up to 1/4th!

Kinda like blinker fluid eh?

:lol:

I can't use that stuff, it is out of scale with my 1/25 models. :rolleyes:

Is that anything like dehydrated water? :PB):)