Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 series detroit

If you try "Google" the Detroit Diesel Series 60...I guarantee you will get lots of ideas...you can use the Detroit green..the Series 60 I did..several months ago..used the blue ...that I picked up at a location Detroit reseller/repair facility....Good Luck

Kurt McLucas

DSC00983.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

If you try "Google" the Detroit Diesel Series 60...I guarantee you will get lots of ideas...you can use the Detroit green..the Series 60 I did..several months ago..used the blue ...that I picked up at a location Detroit reseller/repair facility....Good Luck

Kurt McLucas

DSC00983.jpg

Fantastic detailing of the motor, it looks like you yanked it out of the real thing.

James,

The 71 series Detroits were painted Detroit Alpine Green. I believe the normal colour for the Series S60 was the blue shown by Kurt and Chuck. But I have seen a silver colour to. Interesting thought in relation to when the S60 was released. Were Peterbilt and Kenworth still painting engines white or did they leave the manufacturers colours as they were?

Also check Aaron's post on engine colours.

Kurt,

I forgot to mention. I see in one of the photo's the Tamiya weathering kit. I just bought one and I'm struggling a little with it at present. How do you fing using it?

Dave

Edited by Old Albion

James,

The 71 series Detroits were painted Detroit Alpine Green. I believe the normal colour for the Series S60 was the blue shown by Kurt and Chuck. But I have seen a silver colour to. Interesting thought in relation to when the S60 was released. Were Peterbilt and Kenworth still painting engines white or did they leave the manufacturers colours as they were?

Also check Aaron's post on engine colours.

Kurt,

I forgot to mention. I see in one of the photo's the Tamiya weathering kit. I just bought one and I'm struggling a little with it at present. How do you fing using it?

Dave

Dave....I use these religiously. There are I believe 4 in the series...I use the one that has the black soot..and the rust. Use the little applicator..not the brush. Swirls it around and then apply it either lightly..or heavy..on the piece you want weathered. I use it on the exhaust (engines) and a little grime to the chassis..dirt/wear on the seats...the silver that comes in the other package...can be applied to make things look like worn paint down to the metal....PM me if you need further help...Kurt

The black soot...works good for the 5th wheel..grease/grime.

Edited by Turbo590

Kurt,

Many Thanks for the reply! You've given me some ideas there. I never thought of using the weathering kit fro seats and worn down paint. Hmm! Interesting. I will keep on practicing and try some different shades and techniques. Any problems I will be in touch.

Once again Thanks

Dave