Model Cars Magazine Forum

My First Baby(no not human)

Hey all ,

Been a long time since I posted anything. So here it is I finally got my first vehicle, a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab. The pics show it as I got it November 27. The dealership had it for five days and a buddy at the dealership gave me first dibs. They just got it out of the garage when I saw it. Anyway it belonged to a 75 y/o man who towed a travel trailer every once and a while, he got a bigger trailer and needed a bigger truck. She had 83050 when I picked her up. He did bout $3,000 in upgrades to it when I got, such as a set of wicked dual pipes, new Michelin LTX M/S tires (so new they still had flashing from the mold), chrome door handles, mirror caps and tubular running steps, a hood protector and rain gaurds. I just put a low profile tool box in it last weekend(got it at a yard sale for $100 dollars, brand new never before used). Enough jabberin onto the pics!

2003ChevroletSilverado001.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado002.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado003.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado004.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado005.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado006.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado007.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado008.jpg

2003ChevroletSilverado009.jpg

Thanx,

Benjamin

Nice! Does it have the 5.3L? Mine is a '99 LS ext cab with the 5.3L, all stock except a Flowmaster and K&N. Bought mine used 7 years ago at 28k miles, and it currently has 182k on it, still running strong. I love my truck, and if I ever needed to replace it, I'd get another 99-02 Chevy.

Looks like a nice one you got there.

Hey all ,

Been a long time since I posted anything. So here it is I finally got my first vehicle, a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab. The pics show it as I got it November 27. The dealership had it for five days and a buddy at the dealership gave me first dibs. They just got it out of the garage when I saw it. Anyway it belonged to a 75 y/o man who towed a travel trailer every once and a while, he got a bigger trailer and needed a bigger truck. She had 83050 when I picked her up. He did bout $3,000 in upgrades to it when I got, such as a set of wicked dual pipes, new Michelin LTX M/S tires (so new they still had flashing from the mold), chrome door handles, mirror caps and tubular running steps, a hood protector and rain gaurds. I just put a low profile tool box in it last weekend(got it at a yard sale for $100 dollars, brand new never before used). Enough jabberin onto the pics!

Benjamin

Looks really good, me and my dad missed our chance on a '98 Dakota with 85,000KMS on it. only $5,550

Yeah its a 5.3, and I am trying to get a sts turbo systems I have loved them every since I heard about them. And thanks for all of the comments, and to u ford guys if you want to race lets RUN!!! HEHEHE! I got bout 300 horsepower and 325 ft/lb of torque. :lol: Yeah I havent had it a month and got 700 miles on it. :) Love the 99 Sierra one of my fav body styles. And Eric nice milage on you rig. I thought about getting that body style but my dad had an 01 suburban and right around 150,000 we had to put a new water pump and she started to go down hill from there. And I have been told to be careful of 99-02 cause of that problem. Wasnt trying to down that body style of truck if thats what that sounded like I apologize. Anyway would love to see some pics of yours, I love all chevy and gmc trucks. I plan on doing mods to it around May of 2010.

Thanx,

Benjamin

Biggest thing to watch out for on these (99-02's at least) is the transmission. I've had four friends who had transmissions go out between 60 and 80k miles. Somehow, mine survived 181k miles without a fluid/filter change. It was shaking a little when accelerating from a stop, and had a very intermittent hard shift, but was otherwise ok, and I decided to have it rebuilt before it stranded me. Torque converter was fried, most likely from me driving it hard, and from idling for about 11 hours straight during a hurricane evacuation a few years ago. Running great now though. Had to put new intake manifold gaskets on it last spring. Other than those 2 things, it has only needed routine maintenance. Mine's a 99, so it's only rated at 275hp. Went 16.24 @ 85mph weighing in at 4800lbs.

Rado4-vi.jpg

Yeah the avies are great my dad has an 07 and it is wicked. Sweet looking truck Eric.I hear ya on run em hard I have to check myself sometimes. I have had my truck up to 90 on the interstate w/o a radar detector. I usually run bout 80 on the interstate, pisses my parents off. I had it on a paved back road the other day and in bout a 700 ft strectch from a 5 mph roll got it up to 70 :D but had to slow it way down cause I had to make a sharp turn.

benjamin

Edited by 67PontiacGTO