Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Freightliner Project

Here's another one I am working on, Got the cab with this work done to it, the hood master was tweaked so I cut it apart and am in the process of tryin to get it straighten out. Any custom truck guys out there ??? What do you think ???

CustomFreightliner002.jpg

CustomFreightliner006.jpg

CustomFreightliner013.jpg

Edited by Porky

Cool project! Is that a conversion kit?

Hello, This is a set of master parts for a resin conversion. The hood was all tweaked when I got it. At the moment the hood is cut into 3 pieces. As soon as I get it all back together I will be offering them in resin. ;)

Hey Porky!.........hows it going? SWEET truck !!!! what kind of bonneville you got hiding behind the truck?...yes i have sharp little eyes......you know i love bonnevilles of the late 60s.....just kidding ya...

Hey Mark, Thanks on the truck,,,its driving me nutssssssssss, I have glued the hood back together twice is morning and tore it back apart twice :huh::rolleyes::rolleyes: Its back in the box now and off the workbench, better luck next time, I guess its one of those days :blink:

The Bonneville is an AMT annual issue 64' model, thinking about popin' it,,,,

Hey Mark, Thanks on the truck,,,its driving me nutssssssssss, I have glued the hood back together twice is morning and tore it back apart twice :huh::rolleyes::rolleyes: Its back in the box now and off the workbench, better luck next time, I guess its one of those days :blink:

The Bonneville is an AMT annual issue 64' model, thinking about popin' it,,,,

That kind of sucks, 'cuz it sure looks like you were on the right track! I'd really like to see more 'hot rod' and custom big rigs!

That kind of sucks, 'cuz it sure looks like you were on the right track! I'd really like to see more 'hot rod' and custom big rigs!

Hey Chuck

I will get the hood straighted out if I have to build a new one. I just got a bit fed up with it this morning and I am casting and clayin up some more parts so maybe that was the problem, tryin to work on it between puttin stuff in and out of the pressure pot, guess I'm not a multi tasker :rolleyes:

I will post some more pics of the rig when I get the hood right. Working on a few more custom big rigs too, so stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Hi Porky.........shame its giving you fits.....will still be cool when its done, i think id have to do the 64 if i had your skills.....be cool to have a 64 wagon? would make for a sweet grocery getter ot old school tow vehicle!

Hey Mark

I might end up doing that Bonneville, Have not found a donor kit with the right lenght chassis yet so if I can't find one I might pop the orig. chassis when I do it. For sure doing the 64' Chevelle Wagon and the Elcamino soon as I get the 2 or 3 truck projects out of the way.

Thanks again for the hood scoop for the 61' Shade Tree project that you sent this way !!!

I might have a stock chassis for one or real close but would need her back........

Hey Mark, Thanks my friend but I have a mint complete orig. kit, thats why I have not cast it yet. Just hate cutting all those mint parts off the plated spur :)

Hi Porky............the offer still stands if you need it......i dont blame you ether.....they are one sweet kit! ive always loved big cars and the pontiacs and cadillacs were my favorites.....love to see you do them....like to see/get a 64 bonneville wagon stock.....be a sweet one to have........i dont know why but i have a passion for the wagons and 4 doors?....