Model Cars Magazine Forum

post apocalyptic community build

Blake Rogers

I figured since this looks pretty good so far, I'd add some inspiration. This is one a friend of mine built a few years back, and since he's a member here, too, bump it up so he can tell you more about it! :D

DCAM6651.jpg

yep that is my build and it was fun too

started with a chazoom snapfast that i didnot know what to do with

and had just watched road warrior seen amy nato missle pack and whent to town

DCAM6650.jpg

DCAM6652.jpg

DCAM6653.jpg

turned out grate

took to several contest and always placed

some day i will build road killer 2

road warrior mets star wars........lol

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Blake, I have enjoyed looking at this thread and have always loved post-apocalyptic cars so I figured it was a good time to build one. A little about me: Im 35, married with 2 sons and live in middle Tennessee but originally from the burbs of Chicago. Been modeling since I was my sons age of 6 and now I have gotten him into it. Me and him are building theses together so it should be an adventure in patience.

The first is an old Nascar kit I have had for years and have stolen parts out of for other builds so it is gonna be more of a curbside build. I robbed a few Warhammer 40k kits I have for weapons and some armor. Its gonna be a fast attack vehicle, good for getting in, blowing things up and getting back out when speed it a priority. Rocket launchers on top and driven using a FLIR system ( the thing just sitting on the hood for now). Still quite a ways to go but should be a fun build.

The second is replacing the F350 cause when I pulled the kit out I had forgotten I had stolen the frame awhile back for another truck build. Its an old SnapTite wrecker from Revell I bought years ago. Gonna do minimal armor but mount a big gun on the back as well as other doo dads needed to survive a holocaust.

I hoe you guys will like them and I will post prgress pics as I get time to work on them.

post-7476-0-19173800-1293937060_thumb.jp

post-7476-0-94181300-1293937066_thumb.jp

post-7476-0-00698300-1293937087_thumb.jp

I havent made any progress lately due to illness and starting a new job. Hopefully this week I will have some new pics up.

One question, Does anyone have a line on a Blacktop warriors Killer Bee kit? I am wanting to build a real life version and would like to build the kit first so I can see all my ideas in 3-D first. I searched on here but was unable to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is going on still I'm VERY interested. I have done lots of junkyard models but this never dawned on me. This is perfect for me, rust, junk, blood, guts, and death. All the things that make life worth living!

I am waiting to pick up some junkyard boxes from ebay (and think I have one coming from here), then I will get started.

wanted to bookmark this and come back.

thought I saw where this was restarted in a new post, if so please link me.

Edited by hoopty388

i was reading cranky's post and saw the mention of using 40k parts. I remembered I had a box of 40k stuff, but there was nothing i could use. I then came up with the idea of posting on a 40k forum and was able to do some trading. I now have a box full of guns, knives, grenades, and tank parts on the way.

I am currently watching e-bay for some 1/24 people and a junk car. I'm not super picky, but hoping for a 4 door mid 70's or earlier car. main criteria is cheap. lol

soon as I can get some things together I will be starting.

still searching my garage for my old citadel paints too.

was going to try big lots this weekend .

the nearest one is a 45min drive so I only go once in a while.

hoping for a 4 door car but i could make a wagon work. got a pretty wild idea going but a wagon could me modified to work.

Edited by hoopty388

Zombies like eye candy. Where is it, folks?

Hey Cranky, I'm still sculpting a few dead guys, gotta take a break tho, getting an avatar pic like Gregg's next week! YIKES! Hopefully when I recover enough, I'll have some pics for ya! Sixx

got the 40k stuff in this weekend. HOLY COW!! I have nough weapons and tank parts for 20 builds, now need to scrape up some cash for paint and a donor car.

I also have a ? for cranky.

on the car you built the front wheel covers look welded on. How did you do the welds? is it just clumped up body filler or melted sprue? or something else?

Edited by hoopty388

• 2 weeks later...

got my model in the mail today and went through my bits. this is my start.model.jpg

going to make it a carrier/long range fighter. going to put shelves for food in ext. cab and build sides and a tarp in the back for water/ weapons etc. the trailer will have a catapult or air cannon or ?. it will have armor but is made to stay back from the hard contact. It is more for flinging large heavy objects (like pianos)into crowds, and for storage of rations and weapons.