Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, a straight single color would be easiest, no masking involved. If you do go with a 2 (or more) color paint, try looking at how the trim is layed out on the body. You can use that to determine color breaks.

As far as paint goes, since you mention spraying, I would suggest Testors Laquer System. Lots of color choices in boht factory stock as well as customs colors. They're also forgiving if you make a mistake, as 91% alcohol will trip it very easily. If you want to go with the flat colors that are popular these days, you can use the laquer without the clear. Gets an almost perfect suede look.

I would recommend googling "color wheel" and reading up on them. A color wheel will help identify what colors look good together. They are used extensively in decorating and graphics work.

As for patterns to use, most people will try to emphasize/follow the existing body lines. I will sit and study the unpainted body for quite a while to determine a pattern. Again, look around here and google for custom car images to help with some ideas.

Wow what choices! If your up to trying a tutone this car has great lines to tape out a multicolor job.

Get some 6mm or 1/8 tape and lay it out..I shoot light colors first...but its yours!!

Bob Downie shot his in a incredible dark blue...this months SA

heres one taste of a style...

IMG_0765.jpg