Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell chopper UPDATE *Jan-20-07* (machined fork)

ismaelg

First a disclaimer: This is Jairus fault. :D

Second: I am a total ignorant when it comes to motorcycles. I haven't even ridden one (unless you consider a 50cc moped a bike). So I have no clue as to where this is going. All I know is that I'll use the frame, engine and wheels, with everything else a toss up.

Frame went together nicely.

DSCF3817b.jpg

Yes the kit has 2 tanks. But I want my own tank. Extra points if you guess what this started out as...

DSCF3782b.jpg

DSCF3961b.jpg

DSCF3965b.jpg

I want my bike to have a tail light. This means the fender can not go in the original location.

DSCF3813b.jpg

I have many ideas for this. Too bad I'll be out of town next 2 weeks or so. It is nice to build something YOUR way. Even if it makes no sense :)

Thanks,

Gas Tank: Take 2

After finishing my own tank, I was not really in love with it. I made a second one so I could choose. I like the second one better. I'm having fun with this.

DSCF4000b.jpg

DSCF4058b.jpg

DSCF4057b.jpg

Too bad I'm leaving now for a week. 'Till next year!

Thanks,

Hello again!

Back at the workbench after the holidays. It will be a very busy month at work but I was able to do some work on the chopper.

The back fender was hacked by the tail light and the part was relocated to the front. After a lot of filling and sanding here is where I am now. A lot more to go, but you get the idea.

DSCF4054b.jpg

DSCF4051b.jpg

DSCF4055b.jpg

Thanks,

Hello,

I threw away the kit's fork assembly and decided to build my own. I increased the rake slightly, without touching the frame. That is sheet styrene and aluminum tubing.

DSCF4176b.jpg

DSCF4170b.jpg

DSCF4175b.jpg

DSCF4173b.jpg

The more I work on this the more I realize how much is still needed :D But I love it and I'm having FUN!!!!!!

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF4180b.jpg

Machined fork bottom, shock, whatever the name is :D

DSCF4191b.jpg

Eventually, 5 minute epoxy and a steady hand will attach them, hopefully in a straight line :)

DSCF4197b.jpg

The wire wheels are for mockup purposes only. I'll use the other ones. I like the subtle increase in the rake. Noticeable but not radical.

Thanks,