Model Cars Magazine Forum

'33 Willys

crazyjim

Thank you. The truck and flip front are kit items. I filled the trunk lid and put a hinge in it. After painting, the whole trunk interior was flocked. The color is rattle can but the clear was airbrushed (the second time for the airbrush) using Plas-t-kote classic clear that I decanted.

Buddy - that would be the AMT '33 Willys Coupe #2402 molded in baby blue. I think that's an older kit. I have another kit AMT 1933 Willys Coupe #6570. The box art shows a copper & black model. Maybe I'll try tubbing that one like George did. I want to get the body closer to the ground but still have wide tires. Or maybe extend the fender out to cover the tire. I don't like the look of tires sticking way out from the body.

Gee George this post is not about you ,that's kinda uncool to post your build of the same model on Jim`s post.Like whats up with that?

Jim your model looks great.what kit is it?

I was just making a comment between the two lids and showing mine as an example, not high jacking any thread just complimenting!

I like the details in his willys cool build

Edited by Pro 48 Fleetline

Jim, you certainly made a silk purse from a sows ear! I have the newest AMT re-issue of this kit and I was HIGHLY disappointed when I got it home and opened. The only thing of value to me (in my personal opinion) in this kit was the SOHC engine. Maybe I'll have to re-visit this kit and take a third hard look at it.

You did an excellent job with the build-up, and the final results look great.

Thanks fellas. I don't take any offense that George posted his pic. Shows the difference in the deck lids. Would that be the black/copper kit? I haven't opened the box yet. If it's the same SOHC engine, the kit is worth it right there. I have Revell's new '32 5 window going through some interior work (Del Sol buckets & console) have have the parts seperated on a Nova. Too cold to be out in the shop for long periods of time. It's supposed to warm up by the weekend.

I have finally decided...it does not matter how much time you spen on the interior or the chasis...its all about the body !!! You have no idea how much detail I spend on the other...its all about the body !!! NICE WORK>>>REALLY LIKE IT