Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mega City Model Motor Madness, Toronto

Howard Cohen

Sunday, September 26, 2010...Toronto, Ontario, Canada, eh! Group 25 Model Car Builders Club presents our 13th annual contest and vendors area...theme...Flashback to the 60s...plus our usual assortment of classes plus special Craftsmanship Awards...for those who have never been to this contest, it is a great small show with some excellent competitors and local vendors with judging by the host club. The Toronto area has several good hobby stores, so if you come in a day or two early, there is lots to keep you busy. If you have any questions, ask me...HOWARD.COHEN@SYMPATICO.CA

Edited by Howard Cohen

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As of last week, we have sold more than half of our vendors tables. We usually have about 30 vendors tables. Last year we had 34 with 3 people on standby. This year we have 18 tables sold, usually by this time we have sold 10, so we are ahead of the norm. As always, we are looking for more sponsors, prize donations, vendors and attendees. We do have a non-competitive display area for your projects or for those who prefer to display only. Theme for this year's contest is 'Flashback to the 60's'. Proceeds go to the Children's Wish Foundation.

• 1 month later...

I don't remember who was selling what last year as I didn't spend a lot of time buying stuff. Okay, I did manage a few bits...like the Revell 1/12th '65 Mustang GT Fastback :) We do have a few new vendors this year as well but I am on photo duty, so smile :) See you guys soon, Drive safely.

Chip and I are making our way up from West Virginia again this year. Are the guys selling all the Hobby Design parts vending again this year? I hope so. See you next Sunday Howard.

• 2 weeks later...