Model Cars Magazine Forum

81 Bronco.....slamed!

Jared Roach

Yep the bags are o-rings and rivits that were cut down. I can do a how to if ya want.

As for the interior guys I'm stuck on what i'm gonna do for the door panels, so right now I'm trying to figure that out and there will be an update in a little bit.

It wouldn't really benefit me, but I don't count :). Tutorials are always appreciated around here, and one on doing 'bags and coilovers using rivets, o-rings, and pen springs would be a great idea.........maybe I need to fire up the camera and brush up on my digital penmanship and write one as well. I work as an aviation mechanic, and have access to all sorts of really cool stuff that makes interesting (and very realistic) model detailing fodder.

Great build so far, looks great!

What brand and size is the chassis material?

It is evergreen rectangular rod, #177 and I am not exectly sure what size it is but I think it is 100x .156" or 2.5 x 4.0mm I think, but again, not entirlly 100% sure

Here's a quick update on this guys.

I wasn't going to open the doors, but since I'm building a frame and everything else I thought I might as well. Got them hinged and working great. The rear body work is still being and the rest of the body work. I broke 1 of the rocker panels but it is renforced and glued back together.

here is the pics, but still not sure about how I'm gonna do the jambs because my scratch built interior tub is thin.

If the doors look like the arn't striaght it was the way the body was sitting on the chassis, but they are straight.

sonoma1475.jpg

sonoma1476.jpg

sonoma1479.jpg

sonoma1481.jpg

sonoma1483.jpg

sonoma1493.jpg

sonoma1494.jpg

sonoma1499.jpg

sonoma1496.jpg

Thanks for looking guys

This is going nice.Can I give you a tip?For a good joint on the round stock.Drill a hole the throught the side before you cut to length.Then make your cut through the center of the hole.Should fit around the round stock your glueing it to.To add the round to the square stock drill a hole half through it and glue the round on the hole.Hope that make some sense and doesn't offend you.It's a sweet build..

This is going nice.Can I give you a tip?For a good joint on the round stock.Drill a hole the throught the side before you cut to length.Then make your cut through the center of the hole.Should fit around the round stock your glueing it to.To add the round to the square stock drill a hole half through it and glue the round on the hole.Hope that make some sense and doesn't offend you.It's a sweet build..

Ok sweet thanks, no offence taken.

ya that part was gonna be redone because of the joints anyways, thanks. :D

Jared.....still thinking of a tutorial on airbags? I can get the part numbers from the o-rings I use, as well as the rivets used to do coil-overs. My work week starts tonight, so I can raid my toolbox for the #s.

yep I am, just got to finish typing it and get some pics, I just gotta remeber what size the are now.

• 1 month later...

wow, it's been almost two months since I've updated this thing.

but anyways, I got a update.

So I go the floor glued in, the whole inside rear half of it skinned and tubs made, center consel started, and the dash as well. I have seen lately alot of mini and full size trucks being converted to RHD just for the heck of it, and I thought that would be a cool idea to add to it. I also got the roll pan made, but I gotta put some filler on it and finish sanding the rear.

btw, the orange stuff is just silly putty holding it together for pics.

Here's the pics:

sonoma281.jpg

sonoma287.jpg

sonoma293.jpg

sonoma294-1-1.jpg

sonoma289-1-1.jpg

sonoma299.jpg

again, I still gotta lot of work to do to the rear, like fill the roll pan in and sand some more:

sonoma302-1.jpg

sonoma303-1.jpg

One more pic :blink:

sonoma296.jpg

Thanks for lookin, and sugestions let me know. B)

so, right now I've been working on the dash and door panels, but am stuck on what I should do to the door panels? There is not enough room to build it up and put tons of speakers and stuff on it, but I'm looking for a simple design.

I'll get some more pics here in a few.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody.

I've also been working on this a bit today. I got the inner skin started, and I'm not really sure were to go from here, but I'll figure it out.

sonoma789.jpg

sonoma792.jpg

sonoma793-1.jpg

I need to strip the engine, because it's not going to be that color anymore:

sonoma800-1.jpg

I'm not sure if I like the way this rear skin is coming out, but we'll see.

sonoma803-1.jpg

Thanks for looking