Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets see your older kits

Here is the section of my stash that has most of the older goodies. There is a lot more!

This model is one of my favorites. No wiring no p/e, etc. It was rebuilt from a mild gluebomb. Tamiya paint, replated chrome, original decals. I thought this was a generic dune buggy based on a Manx but one day I was leafing through an old car mag and found an ad for the Sand Shark. It was made by a company in Michigan. I would assume it wasn't far from MPC headquarters.

stash006-vi.jpg

Most of the boxes shown have original kits but some are re-issues in old boxes, a few are empty and some have original gluebombs in them. Nothing for sale! So sorry.........not.

stash001-vi.jpg

stash002-vi.jpg

stash003-vi.jpg

stash004-vi.jpg

stash005-vi.jpg

When it get downs to it, I am an old AMT trophy series guy. I do like kits from all of the companies and especially cool old boxes from any of them. I would love to get more flatbox Monograms.

Love those weird old Pyro bike and trike kits!! Too weird and very cool. B) You going to build them??

OK! the Chuka Cannon is too funny! :o What were they thinking? Oh yea! :lol: Love the hands. Are they cricket bats or SM paddles?

I never saw the Lindberg Sorry Surrey and Back Buster before!!! Can you post some pics of the contents of those?

Love those weird old Pyro bike and trike kits!! Too weird and very cool. :lol: You going to build them??

You will never believe this - I have unboxed doubles. The intention is to build a surfer diorama in 8th scale - with a 32 Ford Woody Wagon and the Hawk Silly Surfers and the Glencoe diver with his knife and real sand from Morecambe. I hope life is long enough...

Edited by Junkman

OK! the Chuka Cannon is too funny! B) What were they thinking? Oh yea! :lol: Love the hands. Are they cricket bats or SM paddles?

What exactly Japanese mold cutters drink and smoke to come up with something like this is beyond me. But I want it too!

I never saw the Lindberg Sorry Surrey and Back Buster before!!! Can you post some pics of the contents of those?

You don't want to know. But I will shortly.

Here are some of my oldie but goodies.

P1010012-1.jpg

Original AMT 300sl

P1010013-2.jpg

A very rare Entex Bugatti Royale

P1010014-1.jpg

An original Gold Cup 500K

and probably my oldest kit an original 1957 vintage Sopwith Camel.

P1010015-3.jpg

How about a Hubley Duesenbury from the early 70s I think you can still find this kit around.

P1010016-1.jpg

Another old AMT kit

P1010017-3.jpg

Another 300SL

P1010018-2.jpg

Heller 917

P1010019-4.jpg

Protar 512

P1010020-1.jpg

Another Protar

Ok I'll play too

First up is my 67 camaro pace car. I love first generation camaros so at one time or another I've probably owned most of the older ones. Of all of the 3 years the 67 is the best in my opinion. This is my favorite and will get built some day

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03338.jpg

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

Love those redline tires

DSC03334.jpg

lots of chrome

DSC03333.jpg

Edited by trogdor

Next up is my 62 Nova convertible

DSC03339.jpg

DSC03341.jpg

Inside were instructions on using AMT spray paints

DSC03342.jpg

DSC03351.jpg

check out the awesome decals

DSC03352.jpg

DSC03353.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

the body is in incredible shape for it's age

DSC03344.jpg

My one complaint with these vintage kits is the molded in detail of the chassis and interior. It makes detailing difficult

DSC03347.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

Edited by trogdor

Sunbeam.JPG

Recently obtained.

MeritRacer.JPG

Crude old model. 1960 release of 1956 Lotus MK XI. (Top right corner). LOL...these kits have about 15 pcs. This one is complete and I don't know if they come with instructions, but with that few pieces, believe me...instructions not needed!

RoughRider.JPG

From 1973. Missing rubber for front tire.

Pyro09Caddy.JPG

1967 kit 1909 Caddy...all parts still on trees. Has brass colored plated parts. 1/32 though (boo).

Edited by jimnohio

This is very cool...do you have pics of a built one by chance? What's the story...when was this released?

I don't have any pictures of a built one .it is a george barris design recently the real one was restored on "chop cut rebuild"I think it was released around '77 but don't quote me on that.I think it was also featured in a movie maybe of the same name.don't quote me on that either I never let the facts get in the way of making myself look like I know what I'm posting about.

Edited by randx0