brett

this one

mcewancombo.jpg

got the body in paint yesterday

mtduster4.jpg

mtduster3.jpg

thought the decals were toast they had brown moldy looking stuff on them

mongoosedecals.jpg

but as I couldnt find any others took a chance and used them. Apart from the glue going a little funky they seemed to be alright, will know tomorrowunsure.gif .

mongoosefc001.jpg

mongoosefc005.jpg

Thanks Jody, not a lot of apparent progress at the moment decals have been cleared, they arent perfect but I think it looks a little more realistic that way (my story and I'm sticking to it lol). Diffs in and plumbing has commenced (pics to follow)

mongoosefc008.jpg

mongoosefc009.jpg

Thanks guysrolleyes.gif .Finished ( I think)plumbing and wiring the engine using beading wire (thanks to the wife,just dont tell her lol) and scratchbuilt fittings

mongoosefceng001.jpg

mongoosefceng004.jpg

mongoosefceng003.jpg

and got the chute release cable in still have to run the anchor cable for the chute (whats that called?)

mongoosefcchute1.jpg

mongoosefcchute2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Thanks guys,

John coming from you that means a lot ! Still messed up on the main body paint (came up a little too high with the blue:angry: )

Dusty ,sorry dude but I will be getting to the rail soon along with his 57 chev fc, 69 barracuda fc and the monogram front engine and still have the snake /goose fc combo. He'll need his own shelf soon lol.

Wayne, yeah used your tut to lower the hight on this one(as well) though this one seemed to have a few more issues than most especially reguarding the tin work fit

Great looking build, the engine work is incredible!! I just built the new version of this too and, well, was a little disappointed in it and myself. I didn’t have the forthought at the time to compensate for the side decals as I didn’t realize they weren’t opaque and let the red and blue show through, when painting. Very cool!!

MongooseLeft2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Thanks Bob,dunno why man ,your builds look great. Biggest issue is that revell stuffed up the decals, on most if not all the pics I now have of this car there should be 5 white stripes. I dont know if Slixx do them or not but separating the go navy from the white stripes would be my biggest fear.