Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Car Crazy 81

Heres another long, lost project of mines thats been a doormat on my shelf since 2007. So i'd kept looking at and figured why not finish it. I'd laid some paint on it yesterday with Dupli-Color GM Charcoal Gray Metallic. Im still deciding on the engine since i got rid of the kits 428 ci CJ engine i could kick myself for that. I was leaning towards the Boss 302 thats from a Revell 70 Mustang. I'd added a set of slotted wheels from the Arii 73 Challenger kit.

69FordMustangFastback.jpg

69FordMustangFastback2.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

Nice start to the re-start on your build - I have several kits like that in my work shop - They sit there, I look at them, think about finishing them, get side tracked - Those wheels really bring that car alive - The good old days of muscle cars - Can't wait to see it finished - Joe

I can't wait to see how this build progresses. The '69 Mach 1 is my favorite muscle car evarrrrr. If memory serves, this is a 1/25 scale kit, so you should be able to find a good FE replacement engine among your other kits. I'm also a huge fan of 5-slots and Radial T/As, so the AARI stuff is a perfect addition to this kit.

If you figure out a way to fix the angle of the front grille, let the rest of us know. It's one of the things that's keeping me from completing this kit.