Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

scalefinishes

Excellent Paints...no need to thin, spray in airbrush straight from bottle, cleans up with lacquer thinner

his paint comes as an acrylic enamel (no gloss coat needed) or as a base coat (gloss coat needed)

have not had an issue with any of his paints...MM Ultra Gloss Clear Coat goes over his base coats w/o a problem

nice assortment of colors and if ya need a special color, he will work with you

extremely fast shipping...once order is placed

He's also a member of this forum

Excellent Paints...no need to thin, spray in airbrush straight from bottle, cleans up with lacquer thinner

his paint comes as an acrylic enamel (no gloss coat needed) or as a base coat (gloss coat needed)

have not had an issue with any of his paints...MM Ultra Gloss Clear Coat goes over his base coats w/o a problem

nice assortment of colors and if ya need a special color, he will work with you

extremely fast shipping...once order is placed

He's also a member of this forum

Thanks Curt. Question, if the paint comes as an acrylic enamel, can I thin it with Lacquer thinner if need be or should I use enamel thinner such as mineral sprits or the like?

Thanks Curt. Question, if the paint comes as an acrylic enamel, can I thin it with Lacquer thinner if need be or should I use enamel thinner such as mineral sprits or the like?

That would be a question for Mr. Scalefinishes

like I stated earlier...I've never had a reason to thin his paints

I'm with Curt here. Jameston has some really great stuff. I too spray right from the bottle. I use lacquer thinner to clean the brush afterward. I haven't needed to thin his paint to give you any idea of what to use.

He's quick to ship (free shipping) and is very easy to work with. If you need a special color he will do all he can to get it for you. I can't say enough about the guy and his paint. It's almost all I use now.

I've used Tamiya clear and his clear as well with no problems.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...