Model Cars Magazine Forum

BJ and the Bear Truck

At first I thought it was a 3000R. You pulled a few of them. I run a service truck for a Utility Dealer.

I, pulled them a time or two, I've pulled the 3000Rs a few times, too. They were always a nice pulling trailer. I noticed you live in Columbus, I'm only about 120 miles east of you near Wheeling!

• 9 months later...

Hello. I am back. I am Jim Botaitis, the owner/operator of JBOT DECALS. I see some nice work here and I wanted to say "Good work!".

I will be activating my site soon, very soon. I expanded my line of truck decals too! The BJ decals are a personal favourite of mine. I joined a fan group many years ago so that I could have access to their photos and info. I really tried to get those decals right.

But I just wanted to say ... if anyone ever needed decals in the past, all you had to do was email me. I am just a few clicks away.

Jimbo

JBOT DECALS

www.jbot.ca

jbot@rogers.com

Hey Guys!!The trailer used in the bj and the bear series was manufactured by Brown trailer mfg co.It was a 40ft reefer with Rhand midship load door.The 1980 KW K-100 Aerodyne(last one used in the show)is currently owned by Paul Sagehorn of Sparta,Wisconsin.He also owns the 1974 KW W-900 from the MOVIN' ON TV Series also!!!Go to his website...www.tvtruckin.com Now don't jump to a wrong conclusion about the length of the MOVIN' ON truck,it was modified after the show was cancelled to carry oversized grain containers out west. This website is very helpful!!!! Roy

Hello. I am back. I am Jim Botaitis, the owner/operator of JBOT DECALS. I see some nice work here and I wanted to say "Good work!".

I will be activating my site soon, very soon. I expanded my line of truck decals too! The BJ decals are a personal favourite of mine. I joined a fan group many years ago so that I could have access to their photos and info. I really tried to get those decals right.

But I just wanted to say ... if anyone ever needed decals in the past, all you had to do was email me. I am just a few clicks away.

Jimbo

JBOT DECALS

www.jbot.ca

jbot@rogers.com

a BIG vote for JBOT. Jimbos decals are very very nice. His customer service is some of the best out there. He has worked very closely with me on some custom decal work. I'd HIGHLY recommend him. If Jimbo makes a decal I'm looking for...Or can make a decal I'm looking for, I'll never go anywhere else.

Frank

Edited by camarobuilder

Jimbo

JBOT DECALS

www.jbot.ca

jbot@rogers.com

Jimbo--glad to see you back in the game. And he's got a few I'd like to have as well. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys!!The trailer used in the bj and the bear series was manufactured by Brown trailer mfg co.It was a 40ft reefer with Rhand midship load door.The 1980 KW K-100 Aerodyne(last one used in the show)is currently owned by Paul Sagehorn of Sparta,Wisconsin.He also owns the 1974 KW W-900 from the MOVIN' ON TV Series also!!!Go to his website...www.tvtruckin.com Now don't jump to a wrong conclusion about the length of the MOVIN' ON truck,it was modified after the show was cancelled to carry oversized grain containers out west. This website is very helpful!!!! Roy

Kraig Cummins also owns the original first truck used 1978 Kenworth Aerodyne and the Original truck from Black Dog too

It all depends on the style of truck you're building, both trailers would work. If you are building from the show, the AMT kit would be the best choice, as it is a 40 foot trailer, but you would either have to find the reefer version of the trailer, or build one. If you are going for a replica, the Italeri 48' reefer would be a better choice. I found this pic somewhere online and downloaded it to my "Model Reference" file:

2777553774_51b841f36a_o.jpg

The trailer on this on is a modern Utility brand trailer with the more modern Thermo King reefer unit found in the Italeri reefer kit. The Utility 2000R is made in both 48' and 53' sizes (believe me I hauled many of them!), but in the good old days of "B.J. and the Bear" and "Movin On", the more common trailers were the 40 footers.

that is one of the original trucks that was used one the show, that sill exist today, it's an 1980 Kenworth it's owned by Paul Sagehorn, although the trailer is a Replica

that is one of the original trucks that was used one the show, that sill exist today, it's an 1980 Kenworth it's owned by Paul Sagehorn, although the trailer is a Replica

I don't know if you watch "American Trucker" on Speed, but he also has an original trailer for it now, too.

I don't know if you watch "American Trucker" on Speed, but he also has an original trailer for it now, too.

I was saying it was it, they got the original trailer for show and that trailer to work with when the truck is on loads

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of that trailer or the Fruehauf 40ft reefer 1:32. The truck im trying to find is the 1:32 Monogram Kenworth Aerodyne Cabover. Trying to make my own BJ and the Bear semi.

If you do go the Monogram KW route, the Monogram Fruehauf will be your better choice. You would either have to modify the fifth wheel on the Monogram truck to take the AMT kingpin or take the kingpin off the AMT trailer and drill a hole in place of it for the huge pin that comes through the center of the Monogram fifth wheel.