Model Cars Magazine Forum

Questions about NNL East

Not sure as this will be my first time there, But I will be looking for some of the Heller 32 Renault and 36 Delahaye and 50 Talbot. Also will be picking up a few things from MCW. Stop by and see the fine resin by RMR Resin also as they have a few new things to be seeing at this great show!

I've been going to the NNL East for a good number of years, and all I can say is: 'bring your annual budget.' I don't buy a lot of mail-order stuff, so the amount I lay out at this event is usually pretty high. There's no guarantee that you'll find the exact thing you're after, but there's always the chance.

There's always a lot of resin and kit deals to be had at this event, as well as older built-ups.

I will just be happy to find something other then what is available at the lhs and typical online vendors.

Well, I'd say you'll definitely be happy then...between the vendors and the 1000+ models on the tables(pretty sure last year there was almost 2,000), you have a full day ahead of you. Get there as early as you can.

Gentlemen, I would like to second VW Dave. NNL East is like no other model car show you have ever been to. Picture 2 complete rooms full of vendors. (one of which is a basketball auditorium that's 2 courts wide i believe.) And while there will be kit sellers in attendance, the primary vendors are the aftermarket shops. Places like Slixx, Model Car Garage, Scale Motorsports, Black Gold House of Kolors paints, Jimmy Flintstone, MCW, Modelhaus, and many others. Our most generous host of this very board will be in attendance as well as a photographer from "the other guys". The model room is the length of 2 basket ball courts end to end. There should be well over 1000 models on the table. Bring extra batteries for your digital camera. Oh... and one more thing. bring something to pick your jaws up off the floor with. The work you will see on the tables here will rival anything else you may have seen at other shows. Including Salt Lake!

you better go into this with a budget...lolol

and, in the first 1/2 hour, well, so much for the budget!!! lol AND some of the vendors take plastic!!! it's like Vegas and a credit card!!

and, like previous posts, if you don't find something that your're looking for, you ain't looking hard enough!!!

i predict that you'll spend 3/4 of your time in the vendors area, there's THAT much to see!!

I have been there a few times and each visit is better than the last. The models on the tables are outstanding! The vendors room will boggle your wallet and your storage area! The camaraderie surpasses both the models and the vendors! Don't forget Friday evening at the Ramada!

I drive a Chrysler Concorde with a massive trunk! 4 years ago my friend and I drove down. I bought a few kits and a lot of aftermarket parts that aren't available in Canada, along with some resin bodies. My friend bought a ton of everything, kits, built ups, resin, etc! We loaded up the trunk to head home Sunday and found that we could pack 87 model cars, kits and resin bodies in it! We had to put our luggage on the rear seat.

If you forget your camera, the host club photographs every model on every table and has the photos online within a few days. Last year NNL East set a record on Fotki for most visits in a day!

Oh boy! I am counting the days now. I think I better take the third row seat out of the Expedition!Maybe rent a trailer? :P

You still may not have enough room. I have known guys who have had to ship stuff home, and the Philly Boyz have threatened to leave one of our members behind just to get the stuff home. (Gotta have your priorities straight man.)

19 days and counting!!!

Do people bring children? I want to bring my 10 year old son but don't want to be the only person to bring a kid.

Many of us bring our children, we just keep tabs on our own while there.

Dominic came with us last year, and he was only 5 months old....gotta start 'em early, I say. He's coming with us again this year too:

DSC03221-vi.jpg

(thanks to Gary Kulchock for taking this photo before wee man puked on my new Rolling Bones shirt :( ):

One of the things I have learned over the years is that if you really want something from a vendor a lot of times if you call them ahead they will hold one for you. I learned that years ago after getting there early, waiting in line, and running back to the vendor only to see the last one go to the person in front of me.

One of the things I have learned over the years is that if you really want something from a vendor a lot of times if you call them ahead they will hold one for you. I learned that years ago after getting there early, waiting in line, and running back to the vendor only to see the last one go to the person in front of me.

Greg that is a good idea,since this will be my first of hopefully many visits to the NNL East I will try to see which vendors that are there and their contact information for next time.

Thats cool Terry,will you be spending the weekend? I will probably just make a day trip since I'm fairly local.

Thanks Dave, that is ok with me!

Greg that is a good idea,since this will be my first of hopefully many visits to the NNL East I will try to see which vendors that are there and their contact information for next time.

Thats cool Terry,will you be spending the weekend? I will probably just make a day trip since I'm fairly local.

Thanks Dave, that is ok with me!

Greg, I noticed that you are from Philadelphia. Tommy Kortman, Greg Hogg (whose posts are above in this tread) and I belong to the Philadelphia Area Car Modelers, AKA "The Philly Boyz",and also to other clubs like the Maryland Automotive Modelers Association (MAMA's) and the Jersey Shore Car Modelers. We meet the first friday of the month at the Artisans Club on Roosevelt Boulevard. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining our group.

Also, You can have a good idea of the vendors going to the show by going to the NNL East site (nnleast.com). They have a link to the vendors that assisted last year, most of whom are regulars. This list is usually updated close to the date of the show.

Regards, Fernando Roman

Edited by Fernando Roman