Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

posting your work areas

Hi guys,

I'm redoing my work area in the basement and would like to see your ares that you work in.Need pics and ideas of shelving and keeping everything orginized ideas.Thanks,sparkyd31

Ah ... OK ... then I'm excused from this one. :oops: :wink:

Organization in my shop is not one of my strong suits.

I have yet to do add any major shelf space to my hobby room since I just bought the house in October. Nevertheless, this definitely suits me just fine compared to the last place I lived in.

Since I live alone, I can turn one of the two bedrooms into a model room, so space is definitely my advantage! Plus I have a third floor to boot......

Now if I ever got married and had kids, all bets are off! :shock:

PA280741-vi.jpg

PA280742-vi.jpg

PA280743-vi.jpg

i notice the cats looking around for something to play with!

im not going to post my "work area" because its just a table within my apartment. i have trouble even keeping that as it is even without my current girlfriend living there. shes always complaining what a wreck my place it. yes its a wreck but i can find everything unless she messes with it!

and im 56 years old!

Once our 2 sons went out on their own it was time to expand the hobby operation........

the booth and bench:

DSC02807-vi.jpg

homemade display case:

DSC02800-vi.jpg

references and paint rack:

DSC02850-vi.jpg

Kulwicki corner:

DSC02780-vi.jpg

and I made more space in the model room by losing 120 pounds!

DSC02805-vi.jpg

This is my area. It is a separate concrete shack in the back yard. About 12 x 18 ft.

My dream was to to have a checker floor and my own "brickyard" That is my tribute to the greatest of them all: The Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The closet in the back holds my small stash. Cars to the left, aircraft to the right.

DSCF3735b.jpg

This is my definition of an ORGANIZED workbench.

DSCF3114b.jpg

Thanks,

Here are pics of our hobby room so far. As you can see, we're being overrun with models and I will undoubtedly have to thin my collection pretty soon in order to make room for more kits.

These pics were actually taken about a year ago, so there is actually more kits stacked in this room. At least you have a general idea of what I'm working with here...

room3.jpg

room1.jpg

room10.jpg

room11.jpg

room6.jpg

room9.jpg

room2.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room11.jpg

I recently redid my basement model room with slatwall panels. It gives lots of options for storage and display shelves. Although I still have more stuff than there is room for.

Here is a shot of my desk area

DSCN3713.jpg

This is a shot of the opposite wall

DSCN3706.jpg

This is my "new" paint booth. It was a TV/VCR stand that I salvaged from our fire hall training room. Its on wheels and the 2 downdraft fans that I installed vent through the windows when in use.

DSCN3712.jpg

Thanks for looking

Carl Avis

edit "well that didn't work too well did it? could someone help me out on posting pics?"

CA

I recently redid my basement model room with slatwall panels. It gives lots of options for storage and display shelves. Although I still have more stuff than there is room for.

Here is a shot of my desk area

DSCN3713.jpg

This is a shot of the opposite wall

DSCN3706.jpg

This is my "new" paint booth. It was a TV/VCR stand that I salvaged from our fire hall training room. Its on wheels and the 2 downdraft fans that I installed vent through the windows when in use.

DSCN3712.jpg

Thanks for looking

Carl Avis

edit "well that didn't work tpp well did it? could someone help me out on posting pics?"

CA

Here's your pics Carl...............Very impressive BTW!!

Your image tags need to be lower case..................img instead of IMG.