Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tips, Tricks... and TUTORIALS!

Rome wasn't built in a day, you know... :P

I know, Harry, just a suggestion. B) I enjoy the community builds and I'm taking part in two over at "the other guys" site, but the community build are hard to find here because they don't have their own home. :)

I do agree on the community builds. There are great builds in several locations and to make a group is great. I admit I flat out forgot about one and had to get a white board to remind myself. It's easy for say like the 4x4 thread to get lost when it's started and a few get done and then there is a few months before the next group of guys are done. I'm glad you brought this up Highway I gotta go say sorry to the Import Drag guys B)

I do agree on the community builds. There are great builds in several locations and to make a group is great. I admit I flat out forgot about one and had to get a white board to remind myself. It's easy for say like the 4x4 thread to get lost when it's started and a few get done and then there is a few months before the next group of guys are done. I'm glad you brought this up Highway I gotta go say sorry to the Import Drag guys B)

How many were there?

They can be pruned into new Topic/Category, it just would be hard to find them all if didn't know what I looking for

I know of mainly work bench ones like Post Apoc, Muscle car, Import Drag, TV and Movie car, I think It's Jeep 4x4 and Truck. Oh and Lee's Order as you would build/ replica build. I think if these were grouped it would really help as Highway said. I feel the builds are great and gets a lot of members into it but what happens is you get some guys that are starting as others are finishing. Then you get a lot of projects in limbo and they fall fast down the pages until someone goes and updates. The search engine here works good but I know sometimes it's off and I can't find things. So new people would have no clue to look into, let alone join the builds. I personally think if we do this more would make builds. ( Just thought of group 5 build off) A central location would be nice. You could start a thread asking everyone that started a community build and go from there. ;)

Thank you, Gregg. :):)

You could probably just cut and paste a link to the first page of all the builds here, that would make it easier for Gregg to find them and move them.

I know there was an emergency vehicle one too, but now I can't find it. :(

"Tips, Tricks and Ideas" is now "Tips, Tricks and Tutorials."

So now we have a definite place for any and all tutorials to be posted. Get busy! :)

Thank you Harry! Being a modeler that absorbs new(not known to me) techniques is what I live for. It's a great thing to expand one's talents and abilities, with the help of others. I know that I share the little that I know, every chance I get. :(