Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fox Chassis (Ford) community build anyone?

whale392

Tony, the SVO hoodscoop should be open to the intercooler below.

Good to see some work getting done on the FOXes. I have been BUSY and haven't got the pics loaded to Photobucket yet. Thanks to you Canuckers for keeping the FOX love visual!

Sorry to keep you waiting for pictures...been a busy week!

Hope they were worth the wait!

It isn't perfect, but I'm happy with the results.

Mustang-2011-03-23003.jpg

Mustang-2011-03-23006.jpg

Mustang-2011-03-23017.jpg

Mustang-2011-03-23025.jpg

Mustang-2011-03-23029.jpg

Questions, comments...always welcome! :lol:

Now, get building those Foxes...I started my SVO...now need to make time to take a few pictures! I opened the hood scoop!

• 2 weeks later...

well here's a quick update pic of the old yellow cobra I had. Finally got that striped and also worked on the hood little bit. Been busy on the stang in the garage here lately so this one and the vert has been kind of slow.

IMAG0482.jpg

Thanks guys,I'm still not sure what I want to do on it as far as paint. The wheels come of a 95 cobra r kit from way back in the day. I can't find either one of those models I bought,or even find the kit again! I guess all I kept was the wheels,Idk. Kicking myself now though. I got the hood on the vert sanded down a little more now,looks a lot better and the gt side scoupes on. Still needs some more work though. I wish the wheels were a little closer to scale size but oh well I guess. Here's a quick pic of this wip.

IMAG0492.jpg

Edited by venom97

We had a beautiful wind free, blue sky, sunny day here the other day, so I thought I'd get some paint on some models that have been waiting patiently for the spring weather. Unfortunately, I failed to consider the temperature, which was still a little on the cold side. Orange peel, the bain of a painter's life! To cut a long story short, I have some work to do to get it ready for a second coat.... and then clear it...... when the weather warms up!

Not a big deal, but I'm dying to get my Foxes finished!

I've sanded Driveway Dave's '79 ready for another attempt at a smooooth coat of paint! The orange peel along the rockers looks a little like rubberized undercoating, so I left that as is.

davepaint3.jpg

Backyard Billy's coat of red isn't quite so bad, but will still need a little touch of 1,000 grit before it's second coat.

Billypaint1.jpg

Tony and Jason..........both of you guys' cars are looking good!

Jason; the 95 CobraR wheels from Tamiya look good on the FOX, and to cure your too small 96GT wheels, trim the outer ring down and stick them in some Pegasus 19" sleeves.

Tony; Backyard Billy and Driveway Dave have some good looking foundations on which to lay their paint down. Hope their efforts work out to some seriously shiny topcoats!

Jason, you have a few options as far as refinishing the wheel centers.

1) Lightly scuff them in a circular pattern with light strokes from a Scotch-Brite pad and then dullcoat them

2) Strip the chrome and paint them with Alclad Aluminum

3) Bare Metal Foil them once you have stripped them of the chrome finish (they have a Dull Aluminum sheet available....if I remember correctly)

Keep the builds coming guys! Good weather is here, so now is the time I can get some painting done and move forward on the builds.

Hey guys. I made some progress on the front frame rail section of the Fairmont today.

center_crossmember_forward_frame_undercar.jpg

I hadn’t spent much time on it recently for a number of reasons. I included Scale Hardware .8mm threaded brass bolts, nuts and washers on all the mounting points.

forward_framerail_engine_mockup_cu.jpg

I’ll be holding my breath when it comes to molding it because the lower A-arms aren’t parallel to the frame rails, so will have to be clayed up. I don’t like claying b/c I’m no good at it…

forward_framerail_install_9lo.jpg

The engine isn’t setting down in the chassis where it should b/c I’ve got a reinforcing bar that runs between the A-arm mounts, but the ride height is where I think it should be, the spindles are parallel to the ground. Everything looks square and level as best I can determine.

forward_framerail_engine_mockup_wide.jpg