Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 Kenworth W900

Well, I'm calling her done! I managed to get the wing on the roof of the sleeper, and the turn signals on the fenders. The wing is from Eric (Porky), and has been cut down to 72" wide. The bracket is scratch built, and isn't too bad for a first attempt.

I wanted to put a drop visor on it, but all the ones I made didn't look very good. I have another one of these kits down stairs, maybe I'll see if I can get a visor that looks decent. We'll see.

If I get some decent weather tomorrow, I'll try to get some outside shots with the Fruehauf tanker.

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

I like this shot!

DSC00659.jpg

Not a stupid question at all. This is the 1/25 Monogram Snap Kenworth Aerodyne kit from 1991. It's the same one that Revell USA just reissues as the Snap Kenworth W900. Yes, it's a snap kit. As far as the Alcoas, all I did was add some of Kurt's 1/25 "Alcoa Wheels" logos to the kit wheels. Ok, so it's not 100% accurate, but it looks nice. The logos are available from SurtKraut.

As promissed! It was a bright, sunny day here in Central New York, so I managed to snap a couple of pictures of my Fruehauf tank trailer with a couple of different tractors. And I only managed to break off a mud flap from the trailer!

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00665.jpg