Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm rich!!!!

I've got a stack of the Lincolns, too! Thing is, I've never paid more than $20 for any one of them, and I have no plans of ever spending much more than that. No '40 Ford pickups in my stash though (sort of strange now that I think of that), but I doub't I'd pay much more than that for one of the trucks.

I do wish this guy luck, though. But I won't be helping his cause! :lol:

Don't they have a major drug problem in Orange County??? I think we may be seeing an addict in early stages of delusion. I didn't realize that '40 Ford could be built stock. If they ever re-issue it, I might go grab one.

Charlie Larkin

Junkman, if you have a stack of the original issue 40 Ford Pickups, I would love to buy one off of you. Not for $350.00, of course. I have been looking for a reasonably priced one for years. I might find a Unicorn, first. The re-issues of the kit can't be built stock, only the first issue. I am a sucker for the original flat box Monogram kits, anyway. Sometimes I just get the boxes - who has time to build the blasted kit! :)

One does have to wonder if indeed some of the Ebay sellers are indeed on drugs with the asking prices for some kits and promos. If they are on drugs, then they are using cheap drugs.. they need to find another supplier and upgrade.. the delusions and fantasies apparently are not quite so wild. Don't know about that personally as I have never done drugs - period! Maybe there are people with deep pockets who want a particular kit or promo and they just buy the first thing that they see come across. As much as I love model cars, I could never live with myself if I spent $300.00 for one just to sit it on a shelf and look at it once in awhile.

As with reall cars, the hunt for that elusive deal is half the fun. I limit my spending to what I feel is a reasonable amount and I have learned that if that '59 Ford annual that I want so badly sells for more than I want to pay for it - there will be another one and sooner or later, I'll get one at my price. I saw a '64 Falcon convertible that was a clean, unpainted build sell for $34.00 recently - sometimes things just slip between the cracks - a reasonable price for that car IMHO. Meanwhile, a red promo sold yesterday for $41.00 while a few days before, another one sold for in excess of $100.00. The latter was a black one which is apparently fairly scarce - but I'd be just as happy with a red one. I had already overspent my budget for models or I'd have bought the red car if it had sold for under $50.00 as I have a 1:1 red hardtop. I guess that like the real thing, these toys are only worth what ever someone is willing to pay for them.

Ouch !!!!!!

I wouldn't mind getting one of the Lincolns, but not at that price. I wonder where he got these values or perhaps they are just out of the blue and he's hoping to bulk up his retirement fund.

rob wheeler