Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Predicta

Lani

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum. My name is Leilani and below are some pictures of my Predicta model. I build this model with mostly only the kit parts except for the rims. It is painted blue pearl and the interior is painted white pearl. You may have seen this model posted under my fathers name a few months ago, I just wanted to post it as my first post.

002.jpg

"Welcome" and "Very nice build!"

Thank you Mark, this kit was fun to build. My father had figured this would be a good one because it didn't have any chrome work that was needed and he was showing me an article on it in a magazine and I like it.

Welcome and nice job. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you highway, I started an AMT 1957 Corvette that I'm working on now. I never understood what my father was talking about when he would talk about mold lines and flash, I'm learning all about that stuff with this kit!

Thank you highway, I started an AMT 1957 Corvette that I'm working on now. I never understood what my father was talking about when he would talk about mold lines and flash, I'm learning all about that stuff with this kit!

Your welcome, and many of those old AMT kits like that 1957 Corvette will teach you a lot about mold lines and flash. B) It's nice to see younger modelers like you taking interest in the hobby and spending time with your Dad at the same time. :)

thats a nice build you got there lani

i really like the paint and your dad made a good cal starting you off on a kit that is low on chrome

i remember i bought my 12 year old nephew a copout duster kit that was labeled as a easy builder kit but the front end was nothing but chrome and it was a pain for me to assemble that, let alone him

cant wait to see the vette B)

Beautiful model, Lani! You did a great job on it. It shows talent, so keep building and posting!

A question for you: what magazine (and issue or date) is that in your photos? I have quite a few magazines and books with features or stories about the Predicta, but I don't recognize that one. Thanks for your help.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Corvette!

Thank you for the nice comment, I am very lucky when it comes to painting as we have lots of stuff to work with and I can practice on things. I've seen a lot of my dad and grandpas models that I want to build but they tell me to be patient. I'll get there!

thats a nice build you got there lani

i really like the paint and your dad made a good cal starting you off on a kit that is low on chrome

i remember i bought my 12 year old nephew a copout duster kit that was labeled as a easy builder kit but the front end was nothing but chrome and it was a pain for me to assemble that, let alone him

cant wait to see the vette

Hello Danno, the magazing is Street Rodder July 2009 volume 38 no 7. The car is referred to as the magnum opus in this book.

Beautiful model, Lani! You did a great job on it. It shows talent, so keep building and posting!

A question for you: what magazine (and issue or date) is that in your photos? I have quite a few magazines and books with features or stories about the Predicta, but I don't recognize that one. Thanks for your help.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Corvette!

Nice Job! The blue that you picked looks perfect! I love that kit as well...you can see my build of it on my Fotki page. I enjoyed building this car so much that I bought an extra kit off the bay and am just waiting for the right time to do another one.

If you want to see more about this excellent bubble top, visit this link to the Predicta Project page by Mark Gustafson. It has tons of pics and history on the car!

http://www.thepredictaproject.org/

welcome to the madhouse! :)

Nice Job! The blue that you picked looks perfect! I love that kit as well...you can see my build of it on my Fotki page. I enjoyed building this car so much that I bought an extra kit off the bay and am just waiting for the right time to do another one.

If you want to see more about this excellent bubble top, visit this link to the Predicta Project page by Mark Gustafson. It has tons of pics and history on the car!

welcome to the madhouse! :)

Thanks for the link, we'll have to check it out as I want to build at least one of these, so much can be done with paint as you have a nice smooth body to work with.

That is a sweet shot, from all the years I've been building I never paid much attention to this kit, after seeing my daughters and one that my father did, I have so many plans I'll probably have to build a few of them, lol. We found an article in a Street Rodder, the issue is listed above but is was labeled a different name at the time but an easy copy with some baby moons from a 53 ford pick up (among a number of other amt kits) and whitewalls.

that's a very nice bubbletop! what magazine is nearby? I see Titus...must be Elden?

gotta love it!

Predicta.jpg

Is that the Orange Hauler in your pic? We've got a couple of those, the one in your pics looks sweet though

welcome to the madhouse! :rolleyes:

Yep, it's the Orange Hauler, that is another fun build. I love to build bubble top show cars. :P The unusual aspect of the clear canopy as shelter from the elements while driving in a futuristic world seems like a wasted feature when we have snow, rain and uv rays to worry about. Guess they thought "Cool, a clear roof!" and just went with it. BTW, it's now 2010, Where is my flying car? :P