Model Cars Magazine Forum

I got the insparation for this one from a cover of a book bought out in the 70s called Big Rigs and dedicated this as well to my father who was and old bulldog driver and passed away with dementia

The Body and chassis I got here in Australia and are both resin,I drilled out the moulded in headlights and replaced them with one's from my parts box I finished the grille and light erea in bare metal foil.

The front bar is also from my part's box as are the mirror's and ariels and roof marker lights and turn signal's,the aircon unit and the windsheild stone guard are scratch built as are the exhaust stacks as well.

The sleeper has been scratch built but I used the door's from the diamond reo kit's sleeper,I also scratch built the door handles as well and the grab rail's are from my parts box.

The front fuel tank's are from the R685 kit, as are the wheel's the air tank is scratch built and so are the tank strap's and battery box as well including the air cleaner.

The mudflaps are scratch built and they are simular to rubber that I found at a craft store.

The colour is inferno red and the stripe is gold yellow finished with white pinstriping.

The trailer is the old AMT van trailer that I have had since the 70's, and finally got to use it behind the bmodel I added a third axle that I scratchbuilt for it the storage locker's and handles and lock's are scratch built and so is the tyre rack.

Iam sorry this is the only picture I got atthe moment as I need to take more.

Cheers Tony.

DSCF0623.jpg

• 2 months later...

I got the insparation for this one from a cover of a book bought out in the 70s called Big Rigs and dedicated this as well to my father who was and old bulldog driver and passed away with dementia

The Body and chassis I got here in Australia and are both resin,I drilled out the moulded in headlights and replaced them with one's from my parts box I finished the grille and light erea in bare metal foil.

The front bar is also from my part's box as are the mirror's and ariels and roof marker lights and turn signal's,the aircon unit and the windsheild stone guard are scratch built as are the exhaust stacks as well.

The sleeper has been scratch built but I used the door's from the diamond reo kit's sleeper,I also scratch built the door handles as well and the grab rail's are from my parts box.

The front fuel tank's are from the R685 kit, as are the wheel's the air tank is scratch built and so are the tank strap's and battery box as well including the air cleaner.

The mudflaps are scratch built and they are simular to rubber that I found at a craft store.

The colour is inferno red and the stripe is gold yellow finished with white pinstriping.

The trailer is the old AMT van trailer that I have had since the 70's, and finally got to use it behind the bmodel I added a third axle that I scratchbuilt for it the storage locker's and handles and lock's are scratch built and so is the tyre rack.

Iam sorry this is the only picture I got atthe moment as I need to take more.

Cheers Tony.

DSCF0623.jpg

Very nice build.I am scratchbuilding an H61 Mack at the moment and want to do a B model next. Who did you buy the cab and chassis through here in Aus? Are they still being sold?

I got that book when I was about 8 years old and my neighbor gave it too me for Christmas because she knew I was a truck fan. That picture on the front of that book still gets me excited about trucks (I still have the book). Your model is a great representation of the cover. You just need the guy leaning against the truck and lighting his cigarette!!!

Nice build.

David

This is just sort of off subject and an afterthought but I wonder if anyone has ever built a model of the Mack that was used in one of the Road Warrior movies? The part where the hero found and fired up that old mack really stickas in my mind for some reason - not sure why but it was a good movie and I REALLY liked that truck!

This is just sort of off subject and an afterthought but I wonder if anyone has ever built a model of the Mack that was used in one of the Road Warrior movies? The part where the hero found and fired up that old mack really stickas in my mind for some reason - not sure why but it was a good movie and I REALLY liked that truck!

I was at a model show a couple weeks ago and there was one there. It was so near to the movie truck that I spotted it from across the room.Very impreesive build.

post-5297-12815210759154_thumb.jpg