Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang Nostalga Funny Car

I finally have some time to post! Several of us in the Buckeye Scale Auto Club (BSAC) spent most of March and April doing events. There was one stretch we did 4 events in 3 successive weekends. And I actually found time to work in between. I am now back to the workbench and into my latest project.

I caught the nostalga funny car bug a couple of years ago and started this project. It sat on my shelf for quite a while and I have now decided it is time to finish it. The body is made out of 2 Revell Mustang bodies.

post-2503-12758586610672_thumb.jpg

It really takes seeing this body in person to appreciate the work that has gone into it to get it this far. By the way, the Ford Cammer would be the logical choice for this one!

I am going with the cammer. I worked on it this weekend and it is looks like it should be a good fit. I will have pics soon of the chassis with the cammer.

Very well done so far. Will make a terrific build! Whos car will you be replicating? I will be watching this one!

There is one run by Dan Horan, Jr in Calif. and maybe one other. The other was called Nitro Pony and was in the midwest, but he sold the car a couple of years ago so I am not sure about the second.