Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Road Boss- Dohrn transport

Hello All

I have been working on my White Road Boss. This project is from my parts box, built-ups.

It will be pulling double 27 ft trailers. The trailers are AMT 40 ft cut down to 27 ft.

I took the tandem 40 ft trailer suspension and cut it single axle.

Trailers will have Plaskit resin cast 6 spoke 22 inch rims. The 40 ft trailers are not molded for double trailers. So I fabricated a new rear portion for the double trailer configuration. The Pintle hook is Plaskit resin cast.

To recap for those that have not seen the beginnings. The truck was a built up in bad shape. Only saved the hood. New fabricated frame rails and transferred the chassis components from an unpainted chassis from the parts box to the new rails. Cummins engine is new from parts box transmission is a 14 speed Fuller. Hood is cut down to short hood version. Rims are Plaskit 2 hole bud with Uniroyal 22 inch tires.

The truck chassis is almost done. I will need to fabricate the exhaust system this will done later.

I took these photos just before I start painting. I will update as the project progresses.

This is the Photobucket link to see the updated photos. Thank you for looking.

My link

DSC04801.jpg

DSC04807.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

looking good,those old built-ups can be harder to fix up than starting from scratch.

Yes it is more work than starting with a new kit. You need to fix broken parts, find what is missing, scratch build some and make every thing fit.

Anyway this build will join the fleet of 2 trucks I have built so far.

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04051.jpg

Thank you for the interest in this build.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux