Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olds Aero Tech

charlzrocks

First off, there were many fit issues with this kit and thus I ended up permanently attaching the back half of the car and just made the engine hatch hinged. I did manage to use my first hinges on the canopy and engine cover. In hindsight I wish I'd made the hinges smaller and less conspicuous. Well Next time! The finish is Testors Grabber Orange Laquer covered with Future. Thanks for looking!

OAT6-vi.jpg

OAT3-vi.jpg

OAT1-vi.jpg

Thanks guys! I decided on the color after seeing a pic of a Lamborghini in the same color. Next time the hinges will be made with a smaller diameter pin tubing (and I need to find "Bendable" pins!) There wasn't much room for the hinges, but I'm glad they worked! Thanks!

Next time the hinges will be made with a smaller diameter pin tubing (and I need to find "Bendable" pins!) There wasn't much room for the hinges, but I'm glad they worked!

Nice job, looks really sweet!

I find the pins with the ball on the top, like you get in new shirts, are softer than regular straight pins and bend well with care.