Model Cars Magazine Forum

80s Ramcharger 4x4 rock crawler...GETTIN CLOSE.

Shaping up nicely. that suspension is insane! Are you going to use the kit diffs, or are you going to fab up custom ones for your axles?

Thank you bro. No kit pieces will be used in the suspention. If u look at the rear axel ull see the round aluminum 3rd member housing that will be used as well as resin diff an gear covers they will simulate dana 60s an 44s and there from my boy at jb hobbies. Thanks for all ur comments.

Davin, I don't know how I missed out on this one early on. The work you've done here is incredible. Your scratchbuilding is superb. The paint work looks great. I wasn't sure at first about cutting off the roof but now I see why. I also love what you did with the hood. That Challenger scoop section looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

One comment, though, if you don't mind. I know you said that you were now taking the suspension apart for painting and I noticed in the closeups of the frame, all of the nasty sinkmarks in the chassis. I have three of these kits and this chassis is terrible in regards to sink marks. Please, with all of the excellent work you've done here, don't forget to go back and fill in those marks before final painting.

Again, I can't wait to see the finished item.

Thank you bro. No kit pieces will be used in the suspention. If u look at the rear axel ull see the round aluminum 3rd member housing that will be used as well as resin diff an gear covers they will simulate dana 60s an 44s and there from my boy at jb hobbies. Thanks for all ur comments.

Cool, I was just a little curious. Build on!!! :P

Davin, I don't know how I missed out on this one early on. The work you've done here is incredible. Your scratchbuilding is superb. The paint work looks great. I wasn't sure at first about cutting off the roof but now I see why. I also love what you did with the hood. That Challenger scoop section looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

One comment, though, if you don't mind. I know you said that you were now taking the suspension apart for painting and I noticed in the closeups of the frame, all of the nasty sinkmarks in the chassis. I have three of these kits and this chassis is terrible in regards to sink marks. Please, with all of the excellent work you've done here, don't forget to go back and fill in those marks before final painting.

Again, I can't wait to see the finished item.

That's funny u say that. The frame is in the putty stage as we speak I wasn't gona let that slide plus there were holes were the kit parts went. It will be cleaned before paint. Thanks for the comment an good eye.

well i finaly have a little update its not much but i just had to share it ,,, thanks to Romell and his tips for painting with nailpolish i got the ramcharger painted...( thanks bro)

well the color i went with is called hot tamale it has 10 lite coats ,an 3 coats clear..tell what you think

and no the titanic is not done yet ...lol but i am doin a lill to the truck i started on the 4 wheel stear nuckels ..pics later ... :lol::D:blink::D

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

Can I have the titanic I want to put it on the bottom of my 165 gal. saltwater tank LOL! I just wanted to mess with ya Davin :D

Can I have the titanic I want to put it on the bottom of my 165 gal. saltwater tank LOL! I just wanted to mess with ya Davin :lol:

Its all good bro. I would give it to ya but its for mu wifes lill bro an he's been waitin on it for 2 yrs. Lol.

Later romell

heres a lill update , i started the HEMIwith a twist is a MPFI INJECTED HEMI....LOL

sry for the pics there from my phone cameras dead..

heres the HEMI ....the valve covers will be black with MOPAR PERFORMANCE decals on them..

SU1HMDAxNTkuanBn.jpg

thius pic shows the intake , an u can see the carb i started with to make the throtle body,an the scratched fuel rails..

SU1HMDAxNjIuanBn.jpg

here is a pic of the painted frame ,, an the color of the suspenion parts..

SU1HMDAxNjEuanBn.jpg

and heres the start of the custom front bumper....

SU1HMDAxNjAuanBn.jpg

I love the big SUV's like Ramchargers, Blazers, and Broncos. You can drive them like an SUV, a truck ( shell off, back seat removed or folded up) or like a Jeep (top off no doors). I haven't posted until now but I have been watching and your work is awesome. You did a great job cutting the roof and great scratchbuilding. I need to get me one of these and find out if you can get a resin grille to make this one. I'm watchin. DSC04456.jpg

This is a reply to all 3 coments. Yes they are stock covers but modified a bit. The covers are resin with decals from my boy at jb_hobbies I got the last set he had till his printer gets fixed. Price 5.00 per set he also does a set for the 440.

Thanks for lookin guys.

Looking good man, you know what would look pretty good on it, some fender flares. Like some medium sized ones. Well ..... I dunno, I don't think I would want to cover up that nice paint. Oh well it's just me throwing out suggestions :rolleyes:

Nice mock-up, can't wait to see more !!! ;)

Looking good man, you know what would look pretty good on it, some fender flares. Like some medium sized ones. Well ..... I dunno, I don't think I would want to cover up that nice paint. Oh well it's just me throwing out suggestions :blink:

Nice mock-up, can't wait to see more !!! :blink:

thanks bro ...an yes if i could find someone that had a high roller kit ..an would give up the fender flares i would put them on ....

but i have none .... ;):rolleyes::blink::D

cuz that is what this build is missing to me tooooo.

thanks vizio93

does the front suspension have any upper links or a panhard bar?

Dave

good eye dave ..an no it dont i forgot to make one ..

but as soon as i get the axel done im goin to address that issue..

done as in 3rd member in an fig somethin out..

thanks for the comments.. :rolleyes::blink:;)

Edited by mopar01lee

thanks bro ...an yes if i could find someone that had a high roller kit ..an would give up the fender flares i would put them on ....

but i have none .... :(:(B):D

cuz that is what this build is missing to me tooooo.

thanks vizio93

Maybe you can try this stuff:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34395

I've been wanting to try some out, I might order some tonight.