Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question, in case I mess up .... lol

IF I was to make some very thin paint and use it to glue down some embossing powder for the real carpet look and it piles up and looks crappy, can I purple pond it to get rid of the paint holding the powder to the floor? I only have one car and doubt I could find another, so I have to get this right the first time, or have a way to fix it if it messes up. I guess I should try it on something else first, but I don't have a lot of spare stuff to waste it on. And it never hurts to ask, right?

I use Aleen's craft glue thinned down, and brush it on. I first paint the area I want carpeted in the same color as the embossing powder. I use "Stamp Stuff" embossing powder which seems pretty fine, and the glue doesnt show any shiny spots. The best part is that if I mess up the embossing powder a dunk in warm water cleans it off and doesnt touch any paint!

I use Aleen's craft glue thinned down, and brush it on. I first paint the area I want carpeted in the same color as the embossing powder. I use "Stamp Stuff" embossing powder which seems pretty fine, and the glue doesnt show any shiny spots. The best part is that if I mess up the embossing powder a dunk in warm water cleans it off and doesnt touch any paint!

I had bought some elmers at the time I got this stuff from Hobby Lobby. I had seen it used on here and thought as some point I would try it. I asked around at the time and was told the paint trick would be better and not show through.

I have not had the chance to try it yet since I have been working on race car models and my real shop and real race cars. I traded for a vette on here and he wants to see my build. I've put it off long enough and I need to get on it.

I may try the paint and glue on some spoons and see which is easier for me to do.

What do you thin your glue with??