Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi, Allen.

Nice work. I have T2000 kit too and it has problem with hood shape and boubbles in windscreen too. But I think there is no such thing that couldn't be fixed if you realy want it.

As for the boubbles - they could be drilled out and filled with "Future" several times, I think. The hardest sytuation have people, who haven't got windscreen at all.

Thank you. Your trucks set the bar! I have an idea for a wind screen that should be an easy fix!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I like the engine. Is it Signature 600?

Mark, how do you plan to make the hood hinges? I thought the hood here is one piece with the bumper.

In the T-2000 .pdf on page 17 there is a good picture. The hinge assembly fits to a sub-frame that attached to the hood.

I will probably make mine out of brass wire.

Mark, how do you plan to make the hood hinges? I thought the hood here is one piece with the bumper.

They are. I am going to return it to the original configuration. When I do the hinges I will post.

Early on in to the T2000 production, they were speced mostly with Cummins N14s.

QCDOC,

I am very happy that you are back again to this model.

I am very curious about the final result because I have never seen this kit before completed. I also thinking very seriously to try to correct my damaged T2000 hood.

Good luck to this..

Kostas.

QCDOC,

I am very happy that you are back again to this model.

I am very curious about the final result because I have never seen this kit before completed. I also thinking very seriously to try to correct my damaged T2000 hood.

Good luck to this..

Kostas.

It is not a bad kit. It does need a lot of work. I just glued my doors into the cab. I was going to hinge them but they would not look good closed.

2 questions for y'all!

1. what type of frames/chassie would you use as a donor for these delegant kits?

2. the pete 387 kit what engine specs do you have available for it (maybe a cat!)

and another one just popped up but where if anyone knows where i can get the 387 kit???

2. the pete 387 kit what engine specs do you have available for it (maybe a cat!)

and another one just popped up but where if anyone knows where i can get the 387 kit???

Sean, are you sure you don't mean the 378? Italeri has that and a 377 A/E, and both kits have a Detroit Series 60.

As for finding it, assuming you did mean the Italeri 378, does the Bridgeport Equipment and Tool (B.E.T.) Rental down by Krogers sell models? The owner of that has T&K Hobby up here in Bridgeport, and they carry Italeri trucks, and I'm almost sure there might even be one of the 378 kits up here.