Model Cars Magazine Forum

Md State Police Charger with a reto twist

miatamadman

This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands. My brain starts churning out modeling ideas and this is what popped out! Basically, I wanted to see how the new Charger would look like with the original Olive/Black paint scheme from the 60's. So, I stripped down a 1/43rd scale First Response Replicas Charger to bare metal and repainted it using Tamiya paints and topped it with Testors Wet Look Clear. The decals are from an old Pursuit Plastics sheet that just happened to have some smaller door sheilds included on it. Also, I went back to the using the "State Police" versus "State Trooper" markings. I think it came out pretty darn cool looking.

Now if only the State would adopt this look ::D.......

IMG_0602-vi.jpg

IMG_0603-vi.jpg

IMG_0604-vi.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm really digging these little 1/43rd scale cruisers. Best thing off all, they take up a lot less space so now I have an excuse to buy even more!

These Chargers are quite detailed with numerous parts and the number of decals available is staggering!

Body parts

IMG_6406-vi.jpg

Chassis and interior

IMG_6412-vi.jpg

All of the optional partsThe 2 objects below the interior partition are clear interior strobes

IMG_6414-vi.jpg

Looks pretty cool!..I have 3 vic's and a charger from 1st resp. and they are really nice, by far the best 1/43 cop cars produced and I have a lot of em to compare to!..haven't taken one apart but I know they put a lot of effort into getting their cars right :D