Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford CL9000 & Reefer Trailer

Very nice, Chucky! The Ford is one of the very few cabovers I like. That is very difficult to even tell that it's a 1/32 scale snapper, it looks clean enough to be a 1/24 scale kit.

Thanks Highway and KW flatbed. Those old AMT and Monogram kits are fairly well proportioned.

No problem! I have to agree, those are some nice kits, I have the AMT Reefer. I seen one Revell's website the old snap 1/32 scale Mack R and tanker are supposed to be reissued later this year, I can't wait! I think the only thing Monogram could have done better on theirs was the fifth wheel and kingpins. I always hated that big post sticking out of the Monogram fifth wheels!

Very cool!!!! I like that paint job! My all time favorite cabover!!!! That's the kit I sent over to Howard at KFS to help in designing the 1/24 CL9000 resin kit he sells.

That’s Ben. Howard asked me for some data early on in his project. I emailed him information and photos.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A list of all 1/32nd Scale Model Trucks ever made.

From my recollection:

AMT (Matchbox/Ertl)

Ford CL 9000 cab over

Ford LTL 9000 conventional w/sleeper

Mack Superliner conventional w/sleeper

Mack Superliner wrecker

Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

Kenworth W900 Aerodyne w/sleeper

Fruehauf Reefer Trailer

Fruehauf Dry Van Trailer

Monogram

Mack R

Ford Aeromax 120

Kenworth T-600A

Freightliner Conventional

Freightliner cab over

Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

Kenworth W900 Aerodyne w/sleeper

GMC General

Chevy Bison

Peterbilt 359

Peterbilt 352

Fruehauf Gasoline Tanker

Fruehauf Reefer trailer

Fruehauf Dry Van Trailer

Mack Pumper Fire Truck

Kenworth T-600A w/ Race Team Trailer

Ertl

International 9670 cab over

Volvo N10 conventional

Esci

Volvo F12

Volvo F12 Globetrotter

20 ft Intermodal trailer w. container

Euro covered trailer

Log Trailer

Entex

Ford C800 Moving Type Van

Ford C900 cabover w/sleeper & 28 foot trailer

Did I miss any?

A list of all 1/32nd Scale Model Trucks ever made.

From my recollection:

AMT (Matchbox/Ertl)

Fruehauf Reefer Trailer

Fruehauf Dry Van Trailer

Did I miss any?

I didn't know that AMT made a Freuhauf Reefer, but they also did the Trailmobile Reefer like this Tropicana one I have and that is also found in the Coca Cola set with the old Volvo that I think is the N10 you mentioned.

HPIM1579.jpg

Kenworth T-600A w/ Race Team Trailer

While I don't think it was produced in the numbers the Kenworth sets were (Dale Earnhardt, Davey Allison, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Petty, Kmart Indy Racing team, and maybe one or two others if I remember correctly), there was one I seen that was a Pete 359 with a race trailer in Dale Earnhardt markings.

Also, I'm not sure of the manufacture of the kit, and I may be mistaken if it was even a 1/32 scale, but once at a show I seen a Knight Rider transporter set. I didn't pay much attention to the kit after I seen the $200 price tag!! :P

Very nice combo with a "longoner", like the decals on both....from what kit?

Both AMT's Ford CL/LTL 9000 1/32 snapper kits came out back in 1981 under Matchbox ownership, to compete Monogram excellent 1/32 Tractor/Trailer series. AMT did a pretty good job for snappers on both Ford kits...both gone since late 80's, 20+++ years,(Kenworth Aero & Volvo/trailer reissued in the 90's).

Sure wish Round 2 would dig both AMT 1/32 9000 Fords (Mack SL, ERTL IH 9670 Eagle kits) in near future ;)

:D ...Another longoner :60's Renwal/later Revell, GMC 6X6 Crane (Tow truck) kit....also remember buying Revell Germany 1/32 snapper truck kit series back in the early 80's (basic kid kits of Volvo GT, Bison/General kits no chrome plated parts).

Very nice combo with a "longoner", like the decals on both....from what kit?

Both AMT's Ford CL/LTL 9000 1/32 snapper kits came out back in 1981 under Matchbox ownership, to compete Monogram excellent 1/32 Tractor/Trailer series. AMT did a pretty good job for snappers on both Ford kits...both gone since late 80's, 20+++ years,(Kenworth Aero & Volvo/trailer reissued in the 90's).

Sure wish Round 2 would dig both AMT 1/32 9000 Fords (Mack SL, ERTL IH 9670 Eagle kits) in near future :)

;) ...Another longoner :60's Renwal/later Revell, GMC 6X6 Crane (Tow truck) kit....also remember buying Revell Germany 1/32 snapper truck kit series back in the early 80's (basic kid kits of Volvo GT, Bison/General kits no chrome plated parts).

The trailer decals are 'O' gauge decals from Microscsale.

• 5 years later...