Model Cars Magazine Forum

As I type this the event is still going on. Lots of beer flowing and rods rusting in the sun!

Pr1010030-vi.jpg

My son in law and I attended the event in his flathead powered 1935 roadster pickup...

Pr1010017-vi.jpg

We started out just parking in the lot... but the club that organized the event quickly ran over and talked Jeremy into entering.

I personally saw about 3 cars turned away because of billet wheels and shiny paint... Hahahahahah (what did those fools think they were attending anyway? :lol: )

There ARE STANDARDS afterall...

The event was put on by the local car club, "Cherry City Bombers", and for the second event it was pretty cool!

Besides Jeremy's car, this one was probably the coolest.

Pr1010039-vi.jpg

Second had to be this one put together from the parts and pieces of close to 20 different makes and models!

Pr1010059-vi.jpg

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures I snapped when I closed my mouth and thought about taking pictures. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found this topic while floating through some old stuff. Where was this held and do they plan to do it again this year? I sure would like to attend one or two of these events this year.

Oh, and by the way, the Jeepster is one bad-*** ride, imho.

Thanks and have a great day......Larry

Larry,

The Rust O Rama is an annual show put on by the "Cherry City Bombers" here in Salem, Oregon. 2010 marked the 2nd event and I believe in June 2011 we'll be doing it again! But this time "Rat Hole Customs" will be selling t-shirts at our very own booth! :huh:

Florida to Oregon is a long drive for a little show like this. I suggest you do some Google searches for more local shows in your area. Try searching for "Billetproof". That is one trend that has taken off in the last 10 years!

Edited by Jairus

Besides Jeremy's car, this one was probably the coolest.

Pr1010039-vi.jpg

This one is giving me all kinds of ideas. I really like it's concept and execution. It's one of those cars when you first see it, you say what the... but as you look closer, you really get the idea and concept the guy was going for. Love all the stitched panels on the car! Just needs a couple of big 'J' bolts for electrodes, er, door handles...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...