Model Cars Magazine Forum

pro street truck's

Guest old man

hey i would like to see sum picture's of pro street truck's that you guy's have built i am building a chevy 454ss truck i need to see the rear end & how it is set up & the tub's for those big fat m/t that it will have

thank's for any help

old man joe

i dont kw if anyone is gonna post em but what i do when i back half a car or a truck is i look up back half frame rails . or lookm at a summit mag for the frame ideas. and go from there, i did a full frame on a 73 cuda build on here if you search mpc 73 cuda you should get a good idea of the frame .. soon i will be doin a back halfed D50 dodge....hope this can help ..

Maybe try truckin magazine or classic truck they have a lot of how to sections.and refrance pics and if them two dont work.maybe try mini truck website as well.on here or one of the other sites there was a person that did do a prostreet and they were very detailed what they did and how i have done it.i know revell and amt the older kits they have a chevelle that is prostreet i actually cut the back half of that and attached it to a truck one time but this is some time ago.but it is if i remember a four link suspension and ford 9" rear.it worked rather well so maybe one of these prostreet cars as well may work.hope this was some what helpful for you.look forward to seeing your build in the future.

Yep- the '70 Super Bee Pro Street ($7.00 Wal-Mart edition... the one thing I miss about shopping there :D ). I think the blower, carbs, and air cleaners (it USED to have two! ;) ) came from a Charger 500 or Daytona by AMT. What you can't see are the nasty, huge chips in the passenger's fender and the layer of dust in the cab. I'm thinking version 2.0 is just around the corner, but I'll use a second kit and display the 'new' one with this one.

Edited by Chuck Most

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...