Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 chevy truck dragger

sdrodder

Ok since alot of people here get offended when people confuse scratchbuilding scratchbashing and kit bashing i will try and explain this project in great detail. This is the amt 1960 chevy truck kit. Its runs the stock 6 cylinder engine with a very much kitbashed intake and exhaust set up from revells 53 corvette. The frame is mostly stock with kit modified front spindels and a very much scratchbuilt c notch in the back. The interior is not kitbashed it is box stock. The grill is kitbashed with an orignal 62 ford truck kustom grill that i took out of a mint very unbuilt amt 62 ford truck kit. The air tank and complete exhaust system is 100% scratchbuilt. The front bumper is scratchbashed with a 56 nomad center section parts pack pontiac ends and widened with raw plastic. Pretty much sums up the car. Hopefully this is good for everyone.

100_1915.jpg

100_1914.jpg

100_1913.jpg

100_1912.jpg

100_1916.jpg

Edited by sdrodder

Thank you for elaborating on which parts were scratchbuilt and/or kitbashed, that is very helpful to those who are new to the hobby, I wish more of the pros would go into detail on the sources of their builds unique parts.

You did a fantastic job on the truck by the way, you must tell how you got the windshield and windows so clear!

Very nice project and described very well although this is the first time ive heard the term scratch"bashing" I think usually (for varification purposes) the term is "kitbashing" meaning to take parts from different kits then theres "scratch building" meaning to build from raw or sourced materials. but hey it worked in your case keep up the good work.

Thank you for the replies. The engine will stay like it is wont be changeing it. The inspiration for this truck well there really wasnt any. It was done for a build off on another board but then when i messed up my thumb working on it, i stopped and then i didnt really know anything about alclad. Was gonna have the chrome redone but never got to it. Overall this project is the type where you fall in head first and dont know what your doing. ITs also plainly a test to see what looks good.