Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest creation.......Custom Cameo

1320wayne

Here is my latest finished creation. It is a full custom from a 57 Cameo pickup. It features plenty of ktibashed bodywork including the front headlight areas from the Vetteagin kit. The front grill is an upside down 51 Chevy. The rear fenders are also from the 51 Chevy. The taillights are from an early 60's Vette. The remainder of the body has been extensively modified with styrene and filler. The hood has been pancaked and then extended and peaked downward towards the grill.

I pondered long and hard about possibly chopping the top and even polled some fellow club members but when it came right down to it I left it alone and I'm happy that I didn't chop it.

The engine is out of a 96 Vette kit. The chassis has been kitbashed from the Cameo kit as well the front section from the Vetteagin kit. The exhaust is scratchbuilt out of aluminum tubing with metal exhaust tips running out the back. The interior is also kitbashed out of the Vetteagin kit.

Paint is HOK Candy Apple red with added flames garphics from a Slixx decal sheet.

The wheels are from Pegasus.

DSC02441-vi.jpg

DSC02442-vi.jpg

DSC02444-vi.jpg

DSC02449-vi.jpg

DSC02396-vi.jpg