Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models 2011 International ProStar tractor & Great Dane Reefer!!

Chucky, I would love to see that beautiful Great Dane trailer in kit form!! I know I would have a fleet of those on the shelf if Moebius would kit something like that! I like the spread axle in your pic, but maybe Moebius could have an option of the spread axle for owner operator style trucks or a regular air ride tandem for fleet style rigs.

As for the Cornbinder, it would make a nice fleet truck and should be able to use most of the Lonestar kit's parts, and would also be nice with the reefer behind it with the regular tandem option I mentioned. I can see a vision of a two tone blue Wenie wagon with the reefer from their TCU fleet in my head! B)

DSCF6445.jpg

Of course, while I was cruising through Hank's Truck Pictures looking for that picture, I found these on one of their forum threads as well.

This one the poster said was taken (and it is) going into the TA just a couple miles from my house.

DSC_1271.jpg

I also found this one for inspiration for the Lonestar kit, and I'm sure this is either an owner operator or special deal for a million mile driver. I used to run a two tone blue Wenie Wagon, and that was usually the case for trucks like this! :)

DSC_6082.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed after posting the pic of the Lonestar the huge lack of chrome goodies and side mounted stacks, so I zoomed in on the truck number and guess what! IT IS A COMPANY TRUCK!!! Werner has a very specific numbering system and compared to the Prostar dry van, the number reflects a company truck number. If it was an owner operator, it would have a number starting with a 7 or 8.

Edited by highway

With all of the talk of daycabs and such for the Lonestar. I thought I'd post some pics of a project I had going until Moebius announced theirs. I was starting with a day cab. I have stopped work on it untill I recieve my Lonestars, and then I'll finish the cab and interior.

Lonestar.jpg

NGVcab.jpg

NGVcab1.jpg

With all of the talk of daycabs and such for the Lonestar. I thought I'd post some pics of a project I had going until Moebius announced theirs. I was starting with a day cab. I have stopped work on it untill I recieve my Lonestars, and then I'll finish the cab and interior.

So you can continue with the Prostar hood.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...