Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help with a donor kit choice

I got a resin kit from Finland and it's a Volvo P1800 wagon. I am uncertain as to a donor kit that would work. Do any of you have an suggestions?

I know you will probably ask me the wheel base and I'm in Ireland with my job and won't be back until the 14th, so I don't have the model with me. I do know that it is 1/24, but that probably won't help you that much.

Thanks for any input.

David

While it wouldn't be a donor, Revell made a 1:18 diecast of the P1800 coupe, which could serve as a starting point for 3-dimensional reference.

Also, the wagon used a B20F engine which was a variant of an engine originally used on Volvo trucks – maybe our truck modelers here know of a kit that could donate the engine.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Mark, I am out on the road and don't have mine with me either....it might have a chassis plate with it....I can't remember...I know I have the ES.

Sjordan2...that's a good point..I will check with the truck guys.

Zoom Zoom....I don't have to build it stock and probably won't try and make it so.

And Andy, I have the Tiger and I will look for the 510. Thanks for the advice.

David