Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Buick Wildcat

csoukoulis

Since Pro-Touring/Bagged cars are my favorite style, Ive decided to build a few in that style. Paint is testors one coat lacquer, and wet look clear. Interior is dupli-color tan interior paint. wheels are Pegasus hobbies 19/23 combo. had some motor fitment issues so this one is a curbside (i think that's what its called, this is my 4th model LOL). applied BMF to the trim and side vents. i know i need to touch it up a bit, but for now im pretty happy with my 48hr build :lol: I hope you enjoy the pics as much as i enjoyed building it!!

Chris

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Pro/Touring is my least favorite style, but I must still respect a clean execution.

This counts as that. Nice work. For your scripts, try either dry-brushing the scripts with chrome silver or putting foil on prior to the paint and using a 4000-grit polishing cloth to remove the paint, revealing the foil underneath.

Charlie Larkin

Pro/Touring is my least favorite style, but I must still respect a clean execution.

This counts as that. Nice work. For your scripts, try either dry-brushing the scripts with chrome silver or putting foil on prior to the paint and using a 4000-grit polishing cloth to remove the paint, revealing the foil underneath.

Charlie Larkin

thanks for the tip! ill try the polishing cloth method next time!

I like that a lot!

Since you don't have to go completely stock with a Pro-Touring car, how about using some stoplight red in the rear grille grooves between the taillights? Pro touring cars are all about the details, and that would be a prototype-style styling trick.

• 4 weeks later...